PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum, but not to low-carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sarabande4
Mon, May-10-04, 16:56
Hello all,

My name is Julie, and I live in SE Michigan. I've been doing the low-carb thing for about 16 months, and with a few diversions along the way, I've lost over 50 pounds. I still have another 65 or so to go, so I've decided to ramp the weight loss up a bit by adding some exercise and taking a few less paths off the low-carb route. Although I'm 43, I'm in college full-time, and at times it's been fiendishly difficult to adhere to the program and/or exercise, but I figure it this way: I'm 50 pounds less than I was 16 months ago. In previous weight loss attempts, I've always been in such a hurry to get the weight off, and this time, I'm not. My advice to those who want to drop a million pounds the first three months is to just slow down and enjoy the ride. Also, be wary of all the new low-carb products on the market. It's just the processed food manufacturers' attempt to cash in on the wave of new low-carb dieters and my fear is that this will again turn into the low-fat fiasco: people see "low carb" and think "oh - I can eat unlimited amounts of this and be thin." Then slam Atkins because they and the rest of the nation are not losing weight. Although I eat a low-carb candy bar every day, the rest of my diet consists of the good stuff - proteins, dairy and veggies.

There is no magic potion - stay in ketosis, get some walking in, and the rest will follow!

Best wishes!
Julie

mischa
Tue, May-11-04, 14:23
Welcome to the forum Julie,

congratulations on your success so far:) you are doing great!

I wish you great success in your journey and hope to read more from you

:wave:

omalleyc
Tue, May-11-04, 16:10
Great advice, Julie! Welcome!

Chris