PDA

View Full Version : I am new and nervous

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wvmom75
Mon, May-10-04, 11:57
Hello everyone I am new and very nevous. I was hoping that you all might be able to give me some advice on how you have stuck with it and what I need to do to make sure that I succeed. I have alot to loose but I really want to do well and loose the weight so I can be healthy for my kids. :)

jagbender
Mon, May-10-04, 12:05
This Forum is a big help. I have been LCing for 17 months.
I want to live a long healthy life. That is why I stick with it.
Read alot here read lots of books research research and research some more. Change the way you think about food.

Don't cheat, when you cheat you only cheat the most important person YOU.

Welcome aboard, ask questions and Relax and enjoy your new way of life!

Jag

Vanity3
Mon, May-10-04, 12:44
Educating yourself is the best way to stick to this WOL. Once you know why your body does what it does in terms of weight gain and loss, you can make better decisions. For example, I know that cheating is going to send me out of ketosis (fat burning) for at least a week. So why would I send myself through that? Read all the books you can on the subject. And if you have a question, search the forum for the topic. Chances are it has been discussed before by others that feel the same way you do. We are always here to help. I have been LCing for 3 years and I still learn from others on this board.

DEEROD
Wed, May-12-04, 13:27
hello wv mom, i'm new to this site too.. good luck....

AFwife
Wed, May-12-04, 13:41
Hello everyone I am new and very nevous. I was hoping that you all might be able to give me some advice on how you have stuck with it and what I need to do to make sure that I succeed. I have alot to loose but I really want to do well and loose the weight so I can be healthy for my kids. :)

Having been at 280 where you are now, let me just say that this is the best weight loss program I have ever found and IT WORKS!

My kids and husband are my motivation. I want to be around for them, I want to be able to play with them and not get tired so fast. I can do all that now and more.

You will have times when you fall off the wagon, and that's ok, everyone does, the important thing is that you learn from it and get back on track on the next meal. Don't think, oh well I screwed up I'll start over tomorrow, cause that will just make matters worse. And the one cheat may not even make you gain but if you continue eating the wrong way just cause you messed up once you may gain the next day and then you'll feel depressed and frustrated and even feel like giving up. Atkins works, but only if you let it work.

The forum is great and everyone here is real supportive. No one judges you or makes fun of you. They've been where you are at and are where you want to go. Read post, look at the gallery section, post your questions answers to others questions. We are here to learn from each other and to support one another. Together we will help you to succeed.

Though we are here for you we can't make you do anything, so you have to want to succeed to achieve this. When you feel like having a cheat just think, is this gonna make me happy? If your answer is yes than have it, but is delaying your weight loss for that one cheat worth it? Does it taste better than being healthy and slimmer?

Your the driver in this ride honey, we are just the wheels that support the journey. :)

YOU CAN DO IT, and WE are all here for you!

Hugs!

4beans4me
Wed, May-12-04, 14:13
Hello and welcome! :wave:

MsTwacky
Wed, May-12-04, 14:23
Hi There!!!!!!!! :)

Welcome!! This is a great place to start. I can't get enough of it. I sit at work and just read and post and laugh and get so much encouragement. Atkins works and there are many peolpe on this forum who starting weight was higher than yours and they have done it. You can too!!!

d'lyn
Wed, May-12-04, 14:25
Hope we can be of help!

Welcome

elimy
Wed, May-12-04, 15:29
Hi Wvmom! Welcome! This forum is awesome. I've been low-carb for almost a year, with a couple setbacks, but since I've started interacting on this forum, I've found the support that I lacked before.

Take Care! :D

Emily