PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally posted my intro in wrong section

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JBL
Fri, May-07-04, 11:06
I can't seem to navigate the site without this pesky screen coming up telling me to introduce myself....so here I am.

I'm Julie. I really don't have a plan, as I've waffled back and forth and back and forth. I did South Beach for a while, but I could never get past the first 2 weeks. It was so restrictive, I'd make it a few days and then go crazy and eat the entire batch of raw cookie dough. Once I thought about putting some Metamucil into the cookie dough, thinking it might then be allowed, but I thought it probably wasn't so didn't bother, just dove in like Templeton on Charlotte's web.

I read about the GI Diet and bought the book. I am very impressed and had every intention of following that plan. However, I haven't seen any mention of that in the little bit of lurking around I was able to do before getting snagged by security until I write this intro.

For now, because I have to go to a 1st Communion next week and my tummy looks too big in the skirt I bought, I am again making an attempt at South Beach with hope that I might have some results by next weekend.

I work out at the gym, and I work hard.....when I'm there, which is my biggest downfall, getting there on a regular basis. I do, however, make it a few times a week. Yesterday I came up with an incentive plan, I know it's not THAT healthy, but it may work for me. I bought the unlimited tanning pass for 30 days. I worked like a dog yesterday, sweat like a hog, and then laid in the tanning bed as my reward afterward. You know, they say that dark colors appear smaller, like black pants make you look smaller than white pants, so I'm assuming that theory would apply in that darker legs will appear smaller than white legs, makes perfect sense to me....it's not that I need to lose weight, I just need to add color.

Anyhow, now that I've introduced myself, I'm going to ask for a release and see if I can start roaming around the site and check out what ch'all have to say.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I would love to hear any advice any of you have to offer.

Julie
Mk4unMe~aol.com

4beans4me
Fri, May-07-04, 18:20
Hello and welcome Julie! :wave: Best of luck to you!! :yay:

4beans4me
Fri, May-07-04, 18:22
ps. here is a link to our South Beach Diet forum, it is a wonderful source of information and support for your specific plan :)

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=143

Vanity3
Fri, May-07-04, 18:24
Well I hope you have looked in the South Beach section of the forum. I'm sure people there can give you tons of advice about how to stay motivated, especially during those first few weeks. I know it is hard. We've all been there. Just be patient and you will see results.

C U around the forum :)

black57
Sat, May-08-04, 10:29
If you type anything that is not in the right place or not where you inteneded, inform the moderators. They will put it where you indended for it to go-if it is in the appropriate board. That is one reason I live this forum. It is very well moderated!