PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Texas

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lgarcia
Thu, May-06-04, 11:19
Good day everyone,

I have just started low carbing this week after spending 9 months on Weight Watchers. I did manage to lose 50 pounds until my weight loss dropped off to an agonizing trickle! That along with the fact that I was just eating JUNK brought me here.

I belong to Curves and am doing their 6 week diet challenge which is roughly 40 carbs a day with unlimited free greenery. So far so good---down the line I plan to incorporate the GI diet as well.

This board is amazing and I look forward to learning lots!! :D

Laura

Sweet_Pea
Thu, May-06-04, 11:27
Hi and welcome!! :)

danakins
Thu, May-06-04, 11:30
Hi Laura,

Welcome to the board! We're glad you joined us!

Dana

PKV
Thu, May-06-04, 12:40
Welcome and best of luck to you!

busybee
Thu, May-06-04, 13:09
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your journey .... I did the 6 week Curves diet and onto Atkins from there .... I still however eat a whole bunch of veggies, prbably more than I should, but they are what keep me on track ....

AFwife
Thu, May-06-04, 13:18
http://images.spiderpaws.com/stuff/welcomefish.gif

MilanoSI
Thu, May-06-04, 13:30
Welcome and just jump on in. Where in TX are you? I lived in the Port Neches/Beaumont (Southeast) area for 8+ years. I loved it there.
Good luck on your journey! :daizy:

lgarcia
Thu, May-06-04, 13:58
Hi everybody and thanks for the welcome!

I live about 1/2 hour south of Dallas but I used to live in Houston and on weekends would grab my string and raw chicken and go crabbing near Beaumont!!!

Laura

MilanoSI
Thu, May-06-04, 14:24
LOL, gosh I remember doing that MANY times. Good memories.

Laura, it is good to see you here. This board has tons of information and helpful hints etc. You will enjoy being here.

See you around! :wiggle:

Paris
Thu, May-06-04, 14:54
Hey Laura!

Of course, I remember you! Glad to have you over to the "dark side" of LCing! :lol:

Welcome, welcome! :rheart: Paris

4beans4me
Thu, May-06-04, 15:59
Hello and welcome Laura! :wave: