PDA

View Full Version : Hello...I'm new to the forum.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jobell
Thu, May-06-04, 09:49
Hello Everyone! I am new to the forum but this is my second attempt at the Atkins and creating a low carb lifestyle. I did Atkins about 2 years ago and lost 40 lbs (needed to lose 80) over a 6 month period, then I stopped and gained it all back :( . Now I am determined to do it right this time only I need some help. In the first two weeks I lost 6 lbs. and now have gained 2 back and I am eating low carb but not as low as I should. Some people I know can eat 30 to 40 carbs a day and still lose weight. Do you think I am just one of those unfortunate souls that must stick below 20? Could it be I am more resistant since I have done this before and gained it back? The other thing I need help with is since I have about 90 lbs. to lose, I need to hear from some who have lost large amounts and how they kept focused and patient during the long journey. ANy help would be appreciated!!! :)

dsmith26
Thu, May-06-04, 10:03
Welcome......I'm new here as well.

Congratulations on deciding to start this WOL again. I have heard the second time around is harder than the first. For me, I'm in a stall and I really need to induct again, but I have no will power so I can't imagine having to start the whole "cycle" again.

If I were you I would start out a strict 20/carbs a day. Especially since this is your seond time around. I would be strict on myself until I started loosing again and then maybe try to add some more "healhty" carbs to your eating. Good luck and keep in touch.

dona.

Sweet_Pea
Thu, May-06-04, 10:16
Hi and welcome!! :)

4beans4me
Thu, May-06-04, 10:59
Hello and welcome back to LCing!!! Best of luck to you! :wave:

PKV
Thu, May-06-04, 12:43
Welcome and good luck to you!