PDA

View Full Version : Unsure on all of this

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kristin62
Wed, May-05-04, 10:17
Hi,
My name is kristin and i have just joined this site. I have struggled on diets all of my life, and i have yet to succeed at one. I am very overweight and i have let it effect every aspect of my life. I can stay on my diet for a few days, and then i "cheat", which means i basically quit! My problem is that i am an emotional eater. i eat when i am mad, upset, tired, bored, and even happy. I would be considered to many people a "lost cause". I know that a support group of some type would help me tremendously! I started the low carb diet Jan 3,2004 and lost about 40 pounds by the middle of March 2004. You would think that it would give me the motivation to continue, but i can not see a difference in myself and i still feel like the whole world is staring at me. I still have 60 pounds to go. I hope that with all of you i will have the will power to succeed thanks to all of you doing such GREAT JOBS reaching your goals. Thankyou all,
Kristin :)

PKV
Wed, May-05-04, 10:21
Welcome and best of luck to you ! :sunny:

bcbeauty
Wed, May-05-04, 11:28
First off Kristin..CONGRATULATIONS
Be proud of your accomplishments thus far...as you should be. 60 lbs is a huge success. Welcome to the forums and the most wonderful supporters anywhere. Good luck! :D :wave:

d'lyn
Wed, May-05-04, 11:37
You may not see the difference, but I bet it's there! That's alot of pounds lost! Imagine all of that in hamburger or a roast that size! Imagine carrying it around all day. :(

It may help if you don't think of this as a diet as much as a whole new way of life. A whole new way of eating...of exercising...a whole new outlook!

Welcome to the forum. Hope we can help. :D

d'lyn

kristin62
Thu, May-06-04, 00:29
Hi,
Thank you for the encouragement and support.
Kristin

Petrina31
Thu, May-06-04, 06:20
Kristen,

Next time you go to the grocery store, be sure to find a group of meats weighing what you have lost...just try to pick it up and you'll literally feel how much you've lost and how wonderfully you've done. That is remarkable progress, especially for an emotional eater. You're doing great!

You might want to check out the recipes section - you can make some sweet treats that will feel like you're cheating, but you're not.

Best of luck to you!

Petrina

Meggen
Thu, May-06-04, 06:28
I know exactly how you feel. Last time around I lost 56 pounds and couldn't see a difference. I could fit into smaller clothes but I LOOKED the same (at least to myself). So I gave up. But this time around things are different. One thing that really helped me was the support of everyone on these boards. Make yourself a journal on here. It's a great place to record your feelings etc and have others give you TONS of encouragement. You've done FANTASTIC so far and i'm sure you will continue to do so.

Keep me updated on how you're doing and i'll be here in the sidelines cheering you on :cheer: :cheer:

adnama52
Thu, May-06-04, 06:44
If you can post notes everywhere to yourself, positive things, like "I didn't get fat over night and thin is a long term goal" etc. Put things anywhere within eye sight. I find writing in a paper journal theraputic, like a diary and go back and read from time to time. You definately have some emotional issues, that only you can work through, but reach out to some good books, live support groups in your area, and even one on one therapy if you could afford it. There is a key that can break this monster and finding it gets to be kinda like looking for the Holly Grail. Pray! It really works, for when we run out of our own steam there is one that is a higher power to help, love and guide. God Bless on your journey to a thinner you. Carbs is your enemy not your friend.

AFwife
Thu, May-06-04, 06:51
Hi,
My name is kristin and i have just joined this site. I have struggled on diets all of my life, and i have yet to succeed at one. I am very overweight and i have let it effect every aspect of my life. I can stay on my diet for a few days, and then i "cheat", which means i basically quit! My problem is that i am an emotional eater. i eat when i am mad, upset, tired, bored, and even happy. I would be considered to many people a "lost cause". I know that a support group of some type would help me tremendously! I started the low carb diet Jan 3,2004 and lost about 40 pounds by the middle of March 2004. You would think that it would give me the motivation to continue, but i can not see a difference in myself and i still feel like the whole world is staring at me. I still have 60 pounds to go. I hope that with all of you i will have the will power to succeed thanks to all of you doing such GREAT JOBS reaching your goals. Thankyou all,
Kristin :)

Hello Kristin and welcome to the forum,

I felt the same way too. I tried so many weight loss programs and either never lost a pound but gained instead or lost maybe 20 pounds then gained it all back and then some. I was an emotional eater too. If I broke up with a guy, I'd eat, when I got pregnant, I ate. Which is what brought me to weighing so much. Being a single parent at the age of 19 really took a toll on me. I ate to feel like I had control of something in my life. Now I have control of what goes into my mouth and when I get emotional, I exercise instead. :lol: It's a great stress releaver trust me.

Kristin, Atkins works. I've lost 91 pounds in 6 months. I follow the book to the letter, exercise and drink lots of water and you know what, even still, after losing all this weight, I look in the mirror and still think I'm Fat. I know how you feel but I also know that with determination and will power, you can succeed with Atkins. You came to the right place for support. Everyone here is truly wonderful. I owe much of my success to all my buddies here who show me such great support and help me keep my head up high and smile and be proud of myself. It wasn't an easy journey but it's well worth it.

We are here to support you in every way, but will power, that you have to find within yourself darling. We can motivate you and cheer you on but if you are not willing to do everything in you power, what ever it takes to lose the weight, than all else was in vain.

I hated to exercise but knew that without it, it was like driving a car on 3 wheels, I'd get to where I wanted to go, but slower and feeling frustrated all the way there. Since I started a daily routine and the weight has really started moving, I feel more motivated and determined more than ever to go the distance.

You're not gonna lose everyday, and at times the loss will slow down and even stop for a couple of weeks and that's ok, and it's normal, it's just your body trying to catch up.

Continue to post, continue to read post to learn and to stay motivated.

YOU can do this and WE will be here for you.

Hugs,

Lily

kristin62
Fri, May-07-04, 07:05
Thanks Patrina, Kristin

kristin62
Fri, May-07-04, 07:15
Everyone here is truly wonderful. I owe much of my success to all my buddies here who show me such great support and help me keep my head up high and smile and be proud of myself. It wasn't an easy journey but it's well worth it.

Thank you all so much, and thankyou AFWife. I am an emotional eater. I am only 19 but i have had many, many bad times and all that was there to comfort me was food. I could never see that the food was just making my life worse.
Now i am married to a wonderful man, Tom, who is everything anyone could hope for, and I am still miserable, because of my appearance. I started yesterday, and I plan to continue dieting until i reach my goal. Thankyou all, Kristin

AFwife
Fri, May-07-04, 07:30
Much success to you Kristin, keep us posted ok.

Hugs!

black57
Fri, May-07-04, 07:49
You are doing soooo well. I can't imagine that you might turn back now. Soon you will lose more weight and you will eventually see it. But you will never see your goal if you turn back.