PDA

View Full Version : Can I join?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

luvmy2girl
Tue, May-04-04, 20:11
I'm a bit nervous about this as I posted on another forum awhile back and didn't have much luck after I asked a question that people didn't like about Atkins.

But, here goes...

I tried Atkins several years ago. Of course, I didn't read the book or even try to find out the right way to do it, so I failed. This year, after having my 2nd child (a girl...my name is supposed to be luvmy2girls, but wouldn't fit) I decided this weight had to come off. I tried Weight Watchers after the birth of my 3 year old and I didn't care for it that much. I was so hungry. My parents have had great success low carbing with South Beach, but I read the book and it just sounded like it wouldn't fit my lifestyle (no greasy meat would be hard for me as I work part time and 3 days a week I have to grab a burger or something to go in the car). So, I read Dr. Atkins book and thought it sounded wonderful. I didn't even realize you were able to eat vegetables and would have never dreamed you could eventually eat some fruit!

I've been on Atkins for a few weeks now and have lost 20 lbs. I am loving it. I cheated once...that's all it took not to do it again! I felt so sick!

Anyway, I hope I'm welcome here. Like I said, I'm a little nervous as I wasn't welcome on another forum awhile back.

Thanks for listening!

toni marie
Tue, May-04-04, 20:15
As I've found out recently - everyone is here is wonderful and very supporting. Welcome to the board !!

potatofree
Tue, May-04-04, 20:27
Don't be scared...:D some of us are kind of "eccentric", but we're harmless.

I'm glad to see you've read the book. It really helps to make your way through the whole thing, and then refer back as needed. I think I've worn mine to tatters. :lol:

4beans4me
Tue, May-04-04, 20:30
Hello and welcome! Congrats on your wonderful success so far, and best of luck to you as you continue your weight loss journey!! :wave:

skinnbones
Tue, May-04-04, 20:37
Welcome and congrats on the 20 pounds so far. Look forward to reading more posts from you. :)

luvmy2girl
Tue, May-04-04, 20:47
Wow...thank you! You guys replied so quickly. I already feel welcome. :)

I really love this WOE and talking to others who love it too really helps!

w0rd
Tue, May-04-04, 21:31
i just started atkins and this forum too. however, i have not lost any weight [hopefully that will change]. i have already asked 4896730495867 questions and got answers to all of them immediately! the people here are so nice and i am so glad that i came across this site! :)

sassylady
Tue, May-04-04, 21:41
Hi lovmy2girl i am also new to this forum and have asked a lot of questions and everyone here is so nice and freindly... i see we are close is what we weight and i in time want my goal to be 130 also.... welcome and enjoy... this is a great forum and the ppls there are great helps ...... congrats on the 20lbs. feels wonderful does it not to see it leave .... :)) nice to meet you...

sassylady

eve25
Tue, May-04-04, 22:14
one thing that i have noticed here that i have never noticed anywhere else, is that there are so many opinions out there and so many differences, but rarely will anyone here make you feel uncomfortable or unwelcome. even if they disagree with you or think you are insane.