PDA

View Full Version : need to gain weight

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ozarkren
Tue, May-04-04, 16:28
My husband and I are both eating the neanderthin way, me to lose weight and my husband for health. He has MS and has had a bad flare up lately. He lost his appetite 2 weeks ago and has lost a little too much weight. Any suggestions to gain weight?

Ren

arcticslug
Tue, May-04-04, 17:26
Add things like fruit, dried fruit and nuts. You could make some nut/fruit bars with honey, coconut oil, nuts, raisins, etc. Also almond flours can be used to make muffins, breads and other baked goods. These can all help when trying to gain weight.

ozarkren
Tue, May-04-04, 17:37
Thank you, Articslug! He eats a lot of fruit, and I've started to make him some honey and nuts and brought out the dried fruit. I'm also trying to get him to eat more, period. Hard though, since his appetite comes and goes.

Ren

Scented1
Tue, May-04-04, 18:10
definately dried fruit. LOL I gained 2 pounds by over doing that one. Hope he's feeling better soon.

ozarkren
Tue, May-04-04, 18:30
Scented1... I love your signature line!!

Ren

Scented1
Wed, May-05-04, 07:46
He he Thanks Ren! ;) I made it up my own self. (at least I think I did. LOL)