PDA

View Full Version : Where do you find recipes?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Yount30
Mon, May-03-04, 19:48
Is there a cookbook for Neanderthin or will there be one in the future? Where do you find recipes for this WOE? I would like to get my son on it because I suspect his sinus infections have to do with either wheat or dairy allergies. I like that you can add fruit to this diet.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sheila

toopoles
Mon, May-03-04, 20:52
I don't know of a cookbook strictly for neanderthin. I did buy the 500 low carb recipes by Dana Carpender. She has a tendency to not do a lot of soy, which was what I was looking for. I replace a lot of dry sifted ingredients (if I cook) with almond meal.

I just got the book (had to order it) and I haven't tried any of the recipes yet. I am thrilled to have catsup and may recipes, so I will try them soon.

Hellistile
Tue, May-04-04, 08:56
First buy the NeanderThin book and use the recipes listed there. There is another thread here called Paleo links where you can also find recipes and information. This would be an excellent eating plan for your child, since he has no weight to lose and only good health to gain. He will be eating lots of eggs, meat, nuts, fruit and vegetables, all of which are extremely good and nutritious.

arcticslug
Tue, May-04-04, 10:03
Check out the following link for 100's of paleo recipes and how to convert non paleo to paleo.

http://www.panix.com/~paleodiet/list/

Scented1
Tue, May-04-04, 14:24
The Paleo Diet Book by Cordain has a bunch of excellent recipes too. :)

Lobstergal
Wed, May-05-04, 03:14
Where do I find recipes?

OMG here I go..... LOL!!

I found some really good recipes in the back of Neanderthin

I find them in magazines I read (even at the dentist's office and the library. LOL)

I find them on the internet

I find them in the old cookbooks I am fond of collecting

I find them in new cookbooks at the bookstore (I will actually sit in the bookstore and browse through cookbooks and if I find a good recipe my notebook and pen come out of my bag and I will sit and write out the recipe..hehe)

I find them in books at the library

I find them on cooking tv programs and even on my local news in the mornings.

I even find them on labels in the grocery store.

I find them *everywhere*!!! :D