PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

phoenixcry
Mon, May-03-04, 16:12
Hello everyone, I'm Phoenix! I'm 17 and am just finishing up my junior year in high school... whoo! :D I wanna look good for senior pictures in the fall, so I'm trying to loose as much weight as possible over the summer. I've tried low carbing before, but I've never managed to keep it up. :( I think that this forum will help me stay active and will encourage me not to lose control! I officially start the "diet" tomorrow... wish me luck!
~Phoenix

LCanita
Mon, May-03-04, 17:31
Hi Phoenix! We're really glad that you are here!

You're going to do great. This is a great WOE! And, this forum will really help you stay on track!

Be sure and stop by often with your questions. We love to encourage each other!

Best of luck to you! :)

LilaCotton
Mon, May-03-04, 18:06
Hello! I see your plan is to generally cut back. You may want to look into some literature on various low-carb plans because it's a lot easier to stick with something if you have a few guidelines to follow. Best of luck to you! :)

LCanita
Tue, May-04-04, 04:53
I agree with LilaCotton. You might want to check out Living the Low Carb Life by Jonny Bowden or The Secret to Low Carb Success by Laura Richard. They both give overviews of the most popular low carb diets, and then you can choose which one sounds most appealling to you.

Once you choose one, go buy that book, read it and live by it. Each diet is set up a little differently, and you'll have much more success if you follow one plan carefully.

I remember when I was your age I lost weight easily. Hopefully you will too!

Best of luck to you! :)

phoenixcry
Tue, May-04-04, 11:01
Thanks for the tips! :D I'm planning on following a book over the summer, I'm thinking about the Atikins or the South Beach diet. Right now I've got 4 weeks left in school, lots of exams and projects due, so I don't really have time to read it. :yawn: As for the 'general cut back,' I'm basically trying to eat little to no carbs... I've tried that before, but I've never been able to stick with it. I'm gonna try to log on here at least once a day to try and give me some encouragement. :cool:
~Phoenix

PKV
Tue, May-04-04, 11:03
Welcome and best of luck to you! :sunny:

Petrina31
Tue, May-04-04, 12:09
Phoenix,

Welcome to you! This is a great place for support, encouragement and advice.

Re: the book, if you're pressed for time you can pretty much read the two chapters on Rules of Induction and acceptable foods to get the gist of the Induction stage of the program. This won't take very long, I assure you.

Best of luck to you!

Petrina