PDA

View Full Version : Ugh

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Scented1
Mon, May-03-04, 09:59
I didn't eat enough protein yesterday and gained 2 pounds back!!

Does anybody have a good ratio to follow for food intake?

Ie

40% meat
30% veggies
10% fruit
10% nuts
10% other

Or did you start out following one of the plans in either of the books??

steveed
Mon, May-03-04, 11:15
I'm eating veggies and meat only until I near my ideal weight....thats right, no fruit or nuts (okay, I'll treat myself once a week, but that's it!). I just started this Paleo business myself, and I have decided I'm not going to weigh myself until I've gone through a month of this. If I feel better and have lost some weight I will continue! Sorry to hear about your gain! Go lighter on the nuts and fruit, then see how you do!

I look forward to when I close in on my optimum weight so I can eat more fruit and nuts and maybe even a little honey!!! :D

toopoles
Mon, May-03-04, 12:11
Hi,

I'm the same way, I try to eat only meats and veggies when I am trying to lose some weight. I also find that it works better if my fat intake is higher.

I have started to eat some sunflower seeds in the shell if I need to snack. I love almonds but don't eat them very often. Marty

arcticslug
Mon, May-03-04, 16:58
This is very difficult, but I can tell when my body NEEDS carbs rather than CRAVES them. It is a specific feeling in my body. I can't really describe it in words, but I just know. If I don't eat enough carbs I start feeling very nauseous. Anyhow, if you are trying to lose a lot of weight stay away from the fruit, or just eat berries which are lower in the glycemic index. I don't think I'm much help here. You just have to fine tune and experiment until you find the right balance for you, as it is very individual and can even change from day to day or season to season.

good luck!

Scented1
Mon, May-03-04, 17:58
Thanks everybody.

I think I better stay away from the fruity fruits. LOL

More protein will be good. and vegis

:)