PDA

View Full Version : gingered cream cheese

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Joyce Pari
Wed, Aug-29-01, 22:41
Hi Karen-

In looking over the menu at "The Fish House",I saw banana bread & gingered cream cheese sandwitches listed under the afternoon tea menu.

Mind sharing the gingered cream cheese recipe ?It sounds wonderful to have on the almond banana bread.

Thanks again-Joyce

P.S. My husband and I sometimes travel via rail up through Oregon and washington-we were just discussing making a trip to Vancouver just to eat at the Fish House.We just may do it some time.The menu looks so inviting.:cool:

Karen
Thu, Aug-30-01, 23:57
Hi Joyce,

The carby Fish house version has candied ginger in it but to make it LC, just mix ginger juice (finely grate ginger and squeeze out the juice) into cream cheese, thin a a bit if whipping cream and add sweetnener to taste. It's that simple!

I'm glad to hear you like the menu. I really enjoy working there. Remember to call if you ever make it up here. I'll give you vegetables instead of bread!

Karen