PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, I'm new!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Intent
Fri, Apr-30-04, 17:01
Hey everyone, just wanted to say hello, and tell you abit about me. At my heaviest I was 246.5 and that was when my boyfriend decided to ask me to marry him. I had to lose as much weight as I could, so I went on the Zenical pills and lost 30 pounds before the Wedding in August. I got sick soon after the Wedding and managed to put 20 pounds back on. On February 2, 2004 I started The Zone diet and it has changed my life. I now weigh 200 pounds and I feel so good, I feel like I can actually do this!! I use my treadmill once a day for 90 minutes then every other day I do the treadmill as well as exercises and weights. I lose 2 pounds a week- sometimes a wee bit more. My goal weight is 130 and I think if I did the calculations correct, I may hit that in December- Merry Christmas!!! I haven't cheated on this diet once, and I am really a hard core follower of the diet. I'm 33 years old and I have wasted too much time being overweight. I look forward to getting to know everyone, and if you ever need support, please don't hesitate to ask me for it, We can do this you guy's!!!!!!!!
Robin

PKV
Fri, Apr-30-04, 17:16
WELCOME and good luck to you!:sunny:

LilaCotton
Sat, May-01-04, 00:16
Welcome! The first LC diet I ever heard of was The Zone. My sis-in-law started on it a few years ago and did super! She didn't have a lot of weight to lose, but she lost it and has kept it off. It's also done her blood sugar a world of good!

Best to you!

DaddioM
Sat, May-01-04, 03:32
Hi Robin,

Welcome to the board, I think you'll like it here. Go visit some journals and see how other people started up. Then start your own to collect your thoughts and also as a home base for people to visit you after you've made a few friends here.

GL LCing

AFwife
Sat, May-01-04, 03:35
Welcome aboard. You'll love it here. Everyone is friedly and supportive.

Have a great weekend.

:)

kadle
Sat, May-01-04, 05:06
Just wanted to say welcome to the forum, I think your going to like it here....
stop by my journal and say hi anytime

Intent
Sat, May-01-04, 07:31
Man, I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have everyone be so excepting. The other message boards that I was on SHOULD have been supportive because we were all on the same diet, but they are vicious. Thank you all so much for your words of welcome, and again I just want to say that I would love to meet all of you and support you all in any way I can.

THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!!!!!
Robin