PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

klindley7
Fri, Apr-30-04, 13:26
Hello everyone,
I just started induction 5 days ago,and my question is a little embarresing :o .I am taking b complex vitamens ,and I was wondering if this would make going to the bathroom yellow ? first 3 days was constipated,then I took a lax. and today it was yellow,any advise? how and when will I get regulated again? been a little on the constipated side. Sorry for the embaressing questions.....

Paleoanth
Fri, Apr-30-04, 13:29
Yeah, vitamins can change the color of your urine! Don't stress about that.

As far as the rest is concerned, make sure you are getting enough fiber. Many people here recommend psyllium husks to keep them up to date. Part of it might just be your body adjusting to the new way of eating and it will all come out fine in the end, so to speak.

madp67
Fri, Apr-30-04, 13:36
What also helps to keep you regular are magnesium pills 3X a day. I do recall reading this in Dr. Atkins' book...just can't remember the section.

klindley7
Fri, Apr-30-04, 13:45
Thanks for answering my questions:) can I ask another dumb question? how do you get the cute emoticons ? thank you!

klindley7
Fri, Apr-30-04, 13:47
thanks for the info:)

tofi
Fri, Apr-30-04, 13:48
Yes, the by-product of the digestion of a B vitamin is bright yellow urine. It's normal.
The change in your diet will affect the appearance of your stool, also normal.

The treatment for both constipation and diarrhea (which some people get on LC) is some fiber like psyllium husk powder. It is ALL fiber so no carbs. I buy mine at the health food store in capsules which make it easy to measure.

Vitamin C and magnesium pills also do the trick. Drink lots of water.

klindley7
Fri, Apr-30-04, 13:56
Thanks for answering my question:) Your cat is beautiful! Can I ask you a question? how do you get the cute pictures of emoticons? thanks for your help.PS.also,is there a easy way to see if someone responds to my questions? thanks again!!!!

Paleoanth
Fri, Apr-30-04, 15:02
Which cute emoticons?

You should get an email whenever someone responds. Or you can click on CP at the top of any page and it will list all the threads you have posted in.

MISSRED197
Fri, Apr-30-04, 15:13
Hi and Welcome to the LC forum!!!!
:cheer: :Party: :cheer: :Party: :cheer:
You are in the best place for support
& motivation!! Best of Luck!!

Hugs~

PKV
Fri, Apr-30-04, 17:25
WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU :sunny: