PDA

View Full Version : ok i guess this is how i post im new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

caligirl1
Fri, Apr-30-04, 00:09
hello im new and i want and need to despertly lose this weight i hate it..and in a way im starting to hate myself...i feel like a fat pig and maybe i am but i will change this i need all the support i can get i am 329 right now and i want to get to 130 im sick of wearing pants and long sleave shirts in 100 degree weather ...i live in southern cali by the way monday i start with my very own personal trainer who is going to work me out 3 days a week an hour each session.. im doing a chicken salad diet thing right now but i weighed my self this morning and i gained a pound and a half so i ate candy like a pig...i was doing really well about a month ago and losing the weight really good but i got very sick and i caught lyme disease from the zoo and gained it all back...well once i was done with the meds and the pain went away i got back on the diet and started losing again its a damn yoyo and its killing me im 23 i shouldent be this huge...so anyways monday i start working out and i will just go on a high protein shake diet and see how that goes..wish me luck everyone...i dont want to be the girl with the pretty face as everyone tells me i want to be the pretty skinny girl.... :mad:

LCanita
Fri, Apr-30-04, 06:50
Welcome to the forum. You chose the right place for encouragement and support.

One thing - it's pretty hard to come up with your own diet. I would suggest that you get Jonny Bowden's book, Living the Low Carb Life, or Laura Richard's book, The Secret to Low Carb Success, and see the explanations about the different diets. Then, go BUY the book for the plan you choose. Read it, follow it, love it. That's the best way to make this work.

There are lots of people here who care and will help you get on track.

Best of luck!

4beans4me
Fri, Apr-30-04, 12:13
Hello and welcome! :wave:

Blondey63
Fri, Apr-30-04, 12:20
Nice to meet you! Good Luck to you! I agree with the last poster's suggestion. You should have a definite plan to follow. You can also open a journal and we can come visit you there to see how you are doing.

caligirl1
Fri, Apr-30-04, 12:42
well thanks you all...i need all the support i can get...but a quick question how do i do a journal it was hard enough trying to figure out how to post something and also i dont know how to get back to what i posted so the way i do it is i go to the bottom where is has all the users and my name and i click on my name..is that the right way???And also if some one can tell me how i can get a photo of myself up here i would really like that...by the way so far you all seem really wonderful on here...thank you!!!!

4beans4me
Fri, Apr-30-04, 12:44
There is a thread at the top of this forum, click on it and it will give you the specifics on how to start a journal :) HTH!

caligirl1
Fri, Apr-30-04, 12:47
which one? next thread? previous thread? as u can tell im new to this whole thing....

4beans4me
Fri, Apr-30-04, 12:49
Here you go :) No worries. :thup:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=34155

caligirl1
Fri, Apr-30-04, 13:24
ok well thank u so very much... but i still couldent find the part on the home page that said start a journal i got to ur link with no problems..but cant i just continue on here? would that work?

LCanita
Fri, Apr-30-04, 14:17
Go to the top of any page on the left and click on "User CP." There you will find a list of everywhere you have posted.

Also, look to the top on the right of any page. Next to Welcome you will see "Journal" click there to go to YOUR journal.

Let us know if this gets you started! :D :D

caligirl1
Fri, Apr-30-04, 15:35
thank you LCanita i got the cp thing but i see the welcome and my name after it but i dont see a journal by it or next to it or anything...am i just blind?????

MISSRED197
Fri, Apr-30-04, 15:49
Hi and Welcome to the LC forum!!!!
:cheer: :Party: :cheer: :Party: :cheer:
You are in the best place for support
& motivation!! Best of Luck!!

Hugs~

PKV
Fri, Apr-30-04, 17:23
WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU :sunny:

4beans4me
Fri, Apr-30-04, 17:35
Go to this forum: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Then, click on the "new thread" button, write your first entry and a title, and click "Submit". To add entries to your journal and respond to others in their journals, use the "post reply" button.

:)

caligirl1
Fri, Apr-30-04, 18:55
thank u so much 4beans4me.. i just put up my first journal entry thanks to u...lol i coundent find my way around here with out your help so tank you...