PDA

View Full Version : Ready to go!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

HM1977
Wed, Apr-28-04, 20:29
I was a vegetarian for almost ten years and literally did not eat a thing unless it was fat free. It was always quite difficult for me to lose weight despite my healthy lifestyle, and I continuously gained weight. After doing my homework on the low carb way of life, I think it is definitely for me. I cleaned out my cupboards/fridge, and began Atkins today. Diabetes runs in my family, and I think this is going to be a great way to get healthy, avoid diabetes, and lose some much needed weight. I look forward to reading the posts, and am ready to be a big "loser".

bcbeauty
Wed, Apr-28-04, 20:42
Hi HM... Happy to meet! Welcome to the forums and best of luck to you.:wave:

DaddioM
Thu, Apr-29-04, 00:47
I was a vegetarian for almost ten years and literally did not eat a thing unless it was fat free. It was always quite difficult for me to lose weight despite my healthy lifestyle, and I continuously gained weight. After doing my homework on the low carb way of life, I think it is definitely for me. I cleaned out my cupboards/fridge, and began Atkins today. Diabetes runs in my family, and I think this is going to be a great way to get healthy, avoid diabetes, and lose some much needed weight. I look forward to reading the posts, and am ready to be a big "loser".

Just so you know.....there are vegetarian atkins people too.

4beans4me
Thu, Apr-29-04, 10:04
Hello and welcome! :wave: Best of luck!

2Short
Tue, Jun-22-04, 07:22
Welcome to the boards...you'll find lots of support and good info here. I spend waaaaayyyyyyy too much time posting here.

I would encourage you to start a journal. That way you'll have a place to keep track of things and somewhere for your low-carb friends to visit.

You are welcome to visit me anytime...I've followed Atkins for nearly a year now. I am pleased with the program...I've done well for my age and stage in life! :lol:

Chris