PDA

View Full Version : CJ's Breakfast Pudding

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jbird
Tue, Apr-27-04, 09:30
I put butter in mine and it was so good. Very similar to cream of wheat.

CJ's Breakfast Pudding

1/3 cup full-fat Ricotta Cheese
1 egg
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon flax seed; grind in coffee grinder
vanilla sugar free syrup - to taste
cinnamon

Mix first three ingredients together in a saucepan - cook stirring over medium heat until thick. Add Flax and syrup. Sprinkle with cinnamon (I stir it into mine).

It's about 6 carbs for the whole thing. It's good eaten fresh or warmed up the next day

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com

Michele-67
Tue, Apr-27-04, 16:25
I've been making this for breakfast for a while now. It's very good and convenient to take to work. I have tweaked it a bit. I wanted some extra protein, so I added another egg. Also, I only use 2 Tbsp of cream and 2 Tbsp of sf syrup. I cook it in the microwave in 45 second increments until it is thick and creamy.

According to Fitday it has 5 net grams (8 - 3 fiber) after my tweaking.

I highly recommend this recipe. It's best warm but I also eat it cold and it's pretty good.

ellen4621
Tue, Apr-27-04, 22:56
I originally came in here to post to a different recipe I tried for supper tonite (you know - "breakfast for supper" LOL), saw THIS recipe and thought I'd check it out! Guess what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow!?! :p I miss Cream of Wheat SOOOOO much and, since I'm the only one who will eat it around here, I've had a couple of boxes just wasting away in my pantry! Wait! I think I can have some for my carb-up this weekend.....will have to check into this a little further! :D Until then - I'll be trying this one! Thanks Jenny! (Hey! Haven't I seen you somewhere before? LOL)

And thanks, Michele for the "tweaks"! :)

Ellen :)

liftnlady
Wed, May-12-04, 20:46
this stuff is the bomb..tried it a few days ago!!