PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Rowan'sma
Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:54
Hi there!

I'm new to this forum and new to dieting. I've just been diagnosed with a rare form of lipodystrophy, where I can't gain weight in my extremeties, but can everywhere else, especially my face and neck- kind of like this: :wiggle: . Although it's never fun to be told this, there are a lot of questions that have been answered like, "Why do I look so skinny but have a round puffy face and a large neck???!!!" I always just thought it was my shape and if I dieted I may lose in areas that are already too thin. Knowing now that that just is not possible, I'm happy to start dieting to change my appearance for the better.

I've been actually having a fine time with this diet since I'm eating my favorite foods anyways, especially hollandaise sauce. I've read Dr Atkin's book cover to cover and have done a lot of dieting research so hopefully I can help others out with questions as well as ask a ton myself!!!

Take care and hopefully I will get a chance to get to know a bunch of you.

Heather

4beans4me
Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:57
Hello and welcome Heather!! :wave: