PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kpow
Mon, Apr-26-04, 07:14
Hello All,

I'm a 30 year old man. 6'1" and 188 lbs. Started Atkins around January 7. I lost about 25 pounds. Then I started weightlifting about a month ago and haven't shown any scale losses, but have shown quite a bit of pant-o-meter loss. I'm doing Atkins LC with Body for Life exercise. It's great for me. I'll be hanging out mostly on that board.

I did a super strict Atkins/FatFast crash diet about 3 years ago and lost 45 lbs in less than 2 months. Felt terrible the whole time. This time, my diet is extremely diverse and high in quality protein, leafy green and other low carb veggies, and water. It's taking longer to lose the weight this time, but I feel like a $1,000,000. Plus I quit smoking 7 months ago so that slows the weight loss too.

Thanks,

Kent

DianaO
Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:35
Welcome aboard!!!

d'lyn
Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:35
Welcome! Good luck!

d'lyn

4beans4me
Mon, Apr-26-04, 11:04
Hello and welcome Kent! :wave: