PDA

View Full Version : Help! Not losing the weight but GAINING

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

roobarb
Mon, Apr-26-04, 06:24
Hello,

I started low carbing a week ago on the New High Protein Diet, which is basically a 40 carb limit per day. I am not a great meat or egg lover and have been eating quite a bit of cheese.

I was losing around 1/2lb per day - and have now stopped and all of a sudden and back where I started at a week ago! Very depressing.

Also, I bought a Salter digital scale, which I am using on a hard floor, and the readings change constantly one minute I have lost 8 lbs the next I have gained 5 and so on. I had this same problem with another digital scale and returned it to the store thinking there was a problem with it. Any ideas?

Is too much cheese causing me to not only stop losing, but gaining? I have not been eating anything with bread, potatoes etc. But will something high in fat cause me just as much problems?

HELP!

galatia
Mon, Apr-26-04, 06:43
Hi. I don't know what the "New High Protein Diet" is. This is a pretty rough way of eating when you don't really like meat and eggs. I'm sure you'll get some great suggestions today. I find I have to pretty much keep cheese intake to about 2 or 3 ounces. I love Broccolli and butter, I was trying to think of stuff you could eat that's not meat and eggs....I don't know. I have digital scales too. They can drive you crazy with their wacky readings. I wish I'd just chunk them and watch the tape measure and size of my clothes instead, but until then, I keep getting on and off until I get 3-4 consecutive readings the same. Like I said, there are a lot of people who will help you that are a lot smarter about this than I am. Don't give up.

DianaO
Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:36
Weigh the same time of day on flat surface. Watch cheese intake, that along with salt can be too much for some