PDA

View Full Version : First Timer

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tine
Mon, Apr-26-04, 05:50
Hello All,
I sadly need to lose weight, this is my first day on the Atkins...I have put myself on the Atkins Essentials, name of a a book I bought....has two weeks of diet plans.....at 20 grams of carbs a day....some of the foods I don't like really, but willing to eat them.....what happens if I don't eat one of the particular foods.....I am going to give it a very good try....tine

d'lyn
Mon, Apr-26-04, 10:40
The only thing you need to be concerned about is your veggie intake. I haven't seen the diets outlined in the Atkins Essentials, but I do know he emphasizes those veggies. Does it give you the list of acceptable foods for the induction period? It's amazing how much you can eat, never feel hungry and lose weight.

Be sure and get your daily doses of water to. Very, very important!!

Good luck!

d'lyn

4beans4me
Mon, Apr-26-04, 11:03
Hello and welcome Tine! :wave:

tine
Tue, Apr-27-04, 05:26
Hi,

Thanks for the welcomes, the diet does outline the acceptable veggies so have a good list to pick from during the induction period.....the thing I found the hardest to take was the amount of water....felt like I was going to explode each glass I drank, but I made the required amount....hopefully today I won't have as much trouble with the water. I didn't feel hungry once throughout the day! Mind you that was day 1.....hopefully all the rest will be as easy!

tine

Browneyez
Tue, Apr-27-04, 06:18
Welcome Tine and congrats goes out to you for starting the dieting process! You can do it and I guarantee you.....:cheer: YOUR GONNA BENEFIT BIG TIME!!!!:cheer:

Start a journal,:read: they are a wonderful way for everyone to watch your progress!

Good luck to you, you are in the right place:yay: and you are going to do wonderful!:cheer: