PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new here.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jlynn032
Sat, Apr-24-04, 12:15
I found this site yesterday and am really enjoying it. There is a lot of really good information on here.

I started Atkins on September 29, 2003 and lost about 30 pounds by January 15 (my birthday). Unfortunately I ended up treating myself with a box of SF chocolates and have been stalled ever since. I eat as cleanly as I can, but I think the coffee is keeping me in this stall. I just can't seem to give it up. I have about two cups a day with a touch of SF torani syrup and about a tbs of carb countdown milk. I was using heavy cream, but I stopped that to see if it was the high calories that were keeping me in this stall. I'm not even sure I would stick to this WOE if I had to give up coffee. Other than the SF chocolate back in January, which I'm not even sure would be considered an actual "cheat", I have NOT eaten ANYTHING that wasn't on the acceptable list for Atkins. I guess I will have to keep tweaking my foods to see what works. I read the thread about Oil of Oregano and picked some up yesterday. I bought the wild kind. I hope it was the right type, because it was expensive! Anyway, I took two drops this morning, so we will see if that works.

Well, I'm glad I found this site. You all seem extremely nice and helpful. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Jody

Rosie Real
Sat, Apr-24-04, 12:25
Hi Jody and welcome :)

I started the Oil of Oregano today myself. Yuck. :lol:

I don't think 2 cups of coffee is out of line, but the chocolates might be what do it, and maybe you could save them for goal?

Anyways, this is a great site and there are so many nice people here. :)

jlynn032
Sat, Apr-24-04, 12:55
Oh, I definately agree about the chocolates. I don't eat them anymore because, once I started on that box, I couldn't stop until it was gone. Sheesh. Talk about over-indulging.

Anyway, nice to meet you.

Jody

eric909
Sat, Apr-24-04, 13:55
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif