PDA

View Full Version : Today is my first atkins day

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MrsSimms
Thu, Apr-22-04, 18:27
Hi all
Today is my first day, and I've been eating lots of protein, I had a salad, but i'm very "hungry" all the time,,,,,I've had a headache all day, and have no energy, is this normal...? All I want to do is eat sugar.....I pray the Lord will give me strength to endure.

:rolleyes:

Vanity3
Thu, Apr-22-04, 19:22
:D The headache is normal. As a matter of fact, when I started induction, I not only had a headache, but I was in a crappy mood too! Now there is no need for you to starve. That's the great part of this way of eating. You eat until you are full. Double your meet portions, lots of veggies are okay (most green veggies) and a huge egg dish for breakfast is alright. Play with your portions sizes, but be sure to say under 20 carbs. It sounds like you are on the right path. If u can stick it out these 2 weeks, you will reep the rewards. I promise this is the hardest part!

marankath
Thu, Apr-22-04, 21:09
I'll second that! Think of it this way, "I can do anything for 2 weeks. It's only 2 weeks!" You will be amazed how quickly it will go, and before you know it, you will be feeling MUCH better!

If you start a journal, you new friends can come by for a visit to see how you're doing and help. If you just navigate around and drop by other journals (feel free to drop by mine), you will get some good ideas. There is also a great recipe area here on this forum. Some excellent ideas.

:daizy: Talk with you soon :daizy:

Blulady
Thu, Apr-22-04, 23:19
Hi MrsSimms!

Welcome!

They're right... stick out these two weeks and you will be so happy you did!

I went through the few days of headache when I started induction - its very common to have all kinds of changes going on in your body right now.

I can't stress enough how incredibly important your water intake is. Your body desperately needs water to help cope. I promise you this will pass - soon you will wake up and wonder why you don't have that morning blah feeling - soon the headache will go away.

Like Vanity said, you do not need to be hungry. I did not worry much about my calories during induction, just keep your carb count where it needs to be and all will be well. If you let yourself get too hungry, it sets you up for problems.

Please keep us all posted on how you're doing!!

Good luck and best wishes!!

Pam

MrsSimms
Fri, Apr-23-04, 15:33
I went to my doctor taday for a physical. She saw my keytone level and automatically knew I was on atkins. And she advised me to stop. I am going to take her advise. God made fruit and veggies and grain for his children to enjoy. I'm going to .....I'll stay away from refined sugar and flour.....but I'm going to enjoy all the goodness of Gods creation......plus, if I stayed on atkins, I would'nt be able to partake of the Lord's supper at church. So, best of health to you all.
Love Mrs. Simms

Kristine
Fri, Apr-23-04, 17:25
:( Best of health to you, too... I really gotta defend God here, though. God did not create the garbage that's giving us diabetes, heart disease and hypertension. He created whole grains and plain, bland fruits and vegetables. Our refined grains and selectively-bred, overly-sweet fruit and vegetables were created by man. Additionally, said grains, fruit and veggies were created for people with lives of continuous back-breaking labor. That doesn't include most modern North Americans. :(

MrsSimms
Sat, Apr-24-04, 07:34
Hi,
I didn't mean that God made all of this pre-fab food, dead food......sugars, bleached white flour......chemicals......but I believe that all that He made is good for human consumption......I feel 100% better after eating an apple,

take care

Vanity3
Sat, Apr-24-04, 10:39
I suggest for your to read more modified low carb books then. Curves for Women or the South Beach diet. They add those complex carbs into the diet gradually. You lose weight and can eat a bigger variety of food without going into deep ketosis. Let us know what you think.

Best wishes