PDA

View Full Version : GOOD! A low carb thign for teens

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

and1_balla
Wed, Apr-21-04, 19:27
Hey im glad to see all these teens in here. Its great. I was going to ask some of yall how do yall keep track of all of the foods you eat and the carbs. Write em down or what?

Justin_UGR
Wed, Apr-21-04, 22:05
in my mind, I would go insane if I wrote everything down :roll:

AFSPOOH86
Thu, Apr-22-04, 12:03
I also keep track of my carbs in my head at first i wrote everything down in my little journal but that took up to much time and i got lazy but i suggest every new person to write it down until u get a hang of it

bluesfan88
Thu, Apr-22-04, 13:54
yeah i would keep it in my head or maybe start a journal here on this weeksite and tell every one how oyu have been eating . but maybe also writting it down would help some . IF i kept it all in my head i would not have any room for school stuff.

gachic05
Thu, Apr-22-04, 16:49
Well I try to keep a journal on here but I'm bad about keeping up... I'm always keeping up with it in my head though...same with excercise.

blue4lemon
Thu, Apr-22-04, 23:02
I write down everything that goes in my mouth (pills, supplements, food, drinks, etc). It really takes little time. Buy a small notebook.

I find it soothing to be methodical.

anavette
Mon, Jun-14-04, 12:47
You guys could try using www.fitday.com
It keeps track of a lot and is so easy and fun to use.

Sorry I am not a teen but I have a teenager who is going to start the Atkins and I am soo excited for him.. so I was checking the teen section out!

:wave:

erinleigh
Mon, Jun-14-04, 13:56
Some I write down! others, I just keep track in mind, cause I have them everyday!

gachic05
Mon, Jun-14-04, 13:58
I've tried fitday several times but I hate having to search for every food and activity. I prefer to just keep track of it on my own.

atkinsteen
Mon, Jun-14-04, 14:01
I also tried fitday but I think it is to much of a hassle

bluesfan88
Mon, Jun-14-04, 14:20
fitday is a hassle ..they should make it more userfriendly

Finestof07
Thu, Jun-24-04, 13:55
I started using FitDay. It works for me, all I have to do is enter what I eat into the computer, and I like the pie chart b/ c it helps me see what the majority of my food intake is .

cococarby
Sat, Jun-26-04, 01:54
I use an Excel file... it was super easy to set up and way less complicated than Fitday. Basically all I do is type in whatever I ate, the number of cals, fat, and carbs in it, and it keeps a running total of all three things. At the end of the day, I copy and paste my totals in another workbook, clear the old data and start again the next day. Sooo easy and convienent!

If anyone wants to try this and needs help setting it up just let me know. Also, I may even be able to e-mail you my file for your own use. good luck!