PDA

View Full Version : Crustless Tomato Pie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

NANCI B
Wed, Apr-21-04, 10:42
I saw this recipe on a cooking show and have addapted it to the low carb WOE. I made it last night and it was very good. This recipe truely does not need a crust. It would be a good side for a Sunday meal.

Crustless Tomato Pie

5 ripe tomatoes cut in large dice
salt

1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
1/2 cup chopped spring onions

1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup full fat mayonaise

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut up tomatoes and put in a sieve. sprinkle liberally with salt and allow to drain off excess juice. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray. put in tomatoes, onions and basil. Mix together the cheeses and mayo. spread this over the tomatoes. Bake until bubbly and starting to brown. Cool a bit before serving. Serves 4. This recipe has 5.5 net carbs per serving.

wils
Tue, Jul-13-04, 16:36
Thanks for this. I was browsing in here earlier today and looking for something different in the veggie department. Since I love cheese and mayo and tomatos, this seemed a good fit. Tried it for supper, verrrry easy and verrry good. Thanks!

NANCI B
Wed, Jul-14-04, 07:33
Thanks for liking my recipe. I was thinking that if you added broken up cooked bacon to the topping, it would taste somewhat of a BLT. Drat.........the heat of summer has killed my basil.

Nanci

Huskerchic
Fri, Jul-27-12, 08:25
I STILL love this recipe ! I have been making it for about 4 years now every summer. It also works great with Summer Squash and Zucchini !

lc4good
Fri, Jul-27-12, 08:37
Looks interesting :) Do you have the total carb count per serving (as opposed to net)?

Buttoni
Fri, Jul-27-12, 09:46
OMG I'm so sglad this got bumped! This sounds FANTASTIC! Going to try it this week! I boil tomatoes all the time, but this one, with all that creamy richness sounds pure dddddddd sinful. :)