PDA

View Full Version : Cheese Foccacia

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Demi
Thu, Apr-15-04, 12:03
This is my adaptation of Artisan Flat Bread - originally posted by LisaUK, see:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=161588

Cheese Foccacia

Divides into 8 pieces at 3g carbs each,
or 6 larger pieces at 4g carbs each

4 eggs
4 oz /110g ground almonds
6 oz /175g Atkins Bake Mix
8 oz /225g cream cheese
2 oz / 50g Parmesan cheese
tsp garlic granules
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp Italian Seasoning
8 oz /225g grated mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350F/180C/Gas 4, and then grease a 9"x12" baking tin (or equivalent,i.e., a swiss roll tin), and line with grease-proof paper.

Put all the ingredients, except for the mozzarella cheese into a food processor and process until smooth.

Pour the mixture into the tin and spread from edge to edge evenly with a spatula. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on top. You can test that it's done by tapping it - it should sound hollow, just like ordinary bread. Remove from the oven and brush the top with a tablespoon of olive oil. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.

For those of you in the US, you can find the cup measures in the original recipe - I have used the equivalent amounts.

This would also make a great base for pizza :thup:

kiwigal
Mon, Jun-28-04, 23:38
Have made this twice so far,the first time i used it as a base for two pizzas which the whole family scoffed!
The second time, tonight.i made it the way "lisa "tweaked the recipe, by only using 3 eggs and 1/4 c olive oil instead, 1 c grated sharp cheese instead of mozzarella and parmesan..whizzed it all up in processor and cooked for about 15 mins{my oven tends to cook everything quicker!!} We are going to cut big slices and make toasted sandwiches{paninis} yummy
I hope others try this cos' they are missing out if they dont!! :agree: :wave:
Kiwigal