PDA

View Full Version : energy down

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

aivars
Mon, Aug-27-01, 05:46
Hi,
I am following Atkins for about month now. Weight loss has stalled for three weeks. Dropped about 20 pounds, but it maight be also an influence of weight Wathcers I did before

People report having high energy levels on low carb, but my energy is low and down and I feel tired. reason maight be I am undereating but honestly I have lost my appetite! And before I ate like a horse (of course those were carbs).

I am in a deep purple ketosis. People say I have lost but scale now is not going down.

I exercise 4 time a week (ice-hockey, very energy taking sport)

What supplements can I take to up the energy levels?

Thanks

Aivars

iteachca
Mon, Aug-27-01, 07:20
I had the same problem at the beginning - was even ready to fall asleep in the early afternoon. I increased water and started taking a potassium supplement and now have lots of energy!
Donna

debbiedobson
Mon, Aug-27-01, 17:28
welcome aivars!:D congratulations on your weight loss! 20lb is wonderful. i wonder if you're eating enough? are you eating around 20carbs a day. what about fat and proteing? are you getting enough. how much water do you drink in a day?
as for suppslements, i take a good multi plus calcium, magnesium, zinc, chromium, vitamin c and i use 1/2salt for my potassium. i've abundant energy! i hope we can fix you up!:D