PDA

View Full Version : newbie here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jozy68
Wed, Apr-14-04, 10:35
hi my name is joslyn and i have been on atkins for about 30 days now lost 15 lbs. any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated. i seem to have hit a little plateau. i havent lost any weight in about a week. please help. :)

DebRN
Wed, Apr-14-04, 11:06
:wave: Welcome Jozy68,
Welcome to the Low Carb Eating Family. You'll find that pretty much everyone is very supportive and motivated here on this site. Congragulations on losing 15 lbs!! I would recommend starting a journal and then others can communicate back and forth with you easier. It's really helpful and lets others check in on you and see how you are doing. It's just a fun way to track your low carb journey, too!!
Your hit a plateau...your body adjusts itself to the loss from induction and although you may feel you are not losing you could be losing inches instead. Remember you have lost 15 lbs and it is better to average out your weight loss over a month instead of weekly. Make sure you are drinking all your water. If you are still on induction, you might want to add more veggies or nuts. But if you are on the Second Phrase, you might want to cut back 5 carbs. Are you exercising? Did you take your measurements before you started?
Definately do start a journal and post your menu, maybe we can help more.
Keep up the good work!!

jozy68
Wed, Apr-14-04, 11:21
dear deb,

thank you so much for replying! i tried to go and find out how to start a journal and just could not find it, if you could lead me to that and tell me how to use this forum i would really be thankful. i am not really computer literate and i dont normally chat. i guess i have to be honest no i am not drinking my water and i am still on induction but with last week being easter i bought a few very low carb candy bars. i really dont believe i cheated since i started but i could be wrong. i have not had any pastas, potatoes, flours, and or sugars. please help so i could use this site as a motivator. thank you so much for your time.

joslyn
:)

4beans4me
Wed, Apr-14-04, 11:45
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=34155

Try this link joslyn :) Welcome to the forums!

DianaO
Wed, Apr-14-04, 13:04
welcome aboard!! :)

Blulady
Wed, Apr-14-04, 13:38
Hi Jozy,

I kind of stalled out in my 2nd week of induction (I'm staying on induction for quite a while) and I really think the water has saved me.

How much are you drinking? Make sure you drink around 100 oz. a day and see if it helps, it sure has helped me in the last week or so - I am the water baby! LOL

Good luck and best wishes!

Pam

snburch
Wed, Apr-14-04, 16:00
Welcome aboard Joslyn! Best wishes on your journey.

PKV
Wed, Apr-14-04, 17:18
Welcome and good luck to you!:sunny:

missy7938
Wed, Apr-14-04, 19:05
:read2: Read the book........(Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution) & Drink your water. Happy low carbing!! Missy

locarbme
Wed, Apr-14-04, 20:08
Welcome aboard and Congrats on losing 15 pounds ;). This is a great forum with lots of support and many questions are answered here. I agree with everyone on drinking lots of water, and start a journal . Alot of us use fitday.com to keep track of our food intake and it is wonderful. Also go to bootcamp/journals and I believe it has a post there on how to start a journal that way we can write you little notes . Hang in there this plateau will pass,don't give up and keep measuring. Missy

Allikins
Wed, Apr-14-04, 20:49
Welcome Joslyn. Hope you enjoy these forums as much as I have. Lots of wonderful people here. :) best of luck to you in getting past this stall. It happens to everyone at some point though. Way to go on losing 15lbs!!

eric909
Thu, Apr-15-04, 04:50
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif