PDA

View Full Version : sleep disorder: SP (sleep paralysis)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

RedAngel
Mon, Aug-27-01, 02:52
i was wondering if anyone else has a sleeping disorder. i don't know for sure if i have one but i'm going to make my parents take me to a sleep clinic because i've gotten to the point where i'm scared to go back to sleep :( i've been doing research all night because i've been waking up, knowing what's going on around me, but unable to open my eyes or move at all!!!! it's REALLY VERY scary!!!! if anyone else has any sort of sleep disorder i'd really appreciate hearing all about it...this has happened to me twice in just a few days, and it's a horrible feeling!! gah :( well, sweet dreams everyone *L* wish me luck

-Red Angel

r.mines
Mon, Aug-27-01, 10:38
I've experienced what you describe, Red, only not very often. It's awful, isn't it? It's normal for your muscles to be 'paralyzed' while you're in the dreaming cycle of sleep (REM sleep); otherwise we'd be thrashing around constantly as we dream. Sometimes we wake up before the 'paralysis' wears off, which is quite unpleasant. Hopefully you're just experiencing a temporary glitch, and it won't happen again (at least not for a long time). Do keep us posted!

Rachel