PDA

View Full Version : Today I have switched!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lobstergal
Wed, Apr-14-04, 06:58
So after reading Neanderthin (and several posts here) and finding out that my sinus problems, as well as other various health issues, can be helped by adopting a more natural diet, I have decided to make the switch today from DANDR to Neanderthin.

I didn't even miss the cream in my morning cup of tea. I added a few drops of lemon juice instead and it was good as well as refreshing. I also had a nice breakfast of 2 raw eggs....just cracked them in a cup after washing the shells in warm water and drank them down...and a cup of fresh blueberries. Quite an easy way to eat.

Hellistile
Wed, Apr-14-04, 08:21
Welcome to our cave Lobstergal! Please feel free to share your stories around our fire.

arcticslug
Wed, Apr-14-04, 11:34
Welcome! I'm keep us updated on how your health progresses as you continue with the Paleo. It's always nice to hear of people's progress to keep everyone motivated!

batgirl
Wed, Apr-14-04, 11:56
Congratulations on your conversion. ;)
I wish you well and good health.
Keep us posted on your progress.

mio1996
Wed, Apr-14-04, 13:40
Good to have you aboard! We are a small but proud group of hunter/gatherers here, and even though we don't post extremely often, we are always here for each other. Good luck!

nela
Thu, Apr-15-04, 04:10
Welcome to our side, Lobstergal!

Glad to have you in our cave. BTW, I still put cream in my coffee (once a day) and I fry my eggs. I don't think I'd feel very satisfied just eating them raw. It hasn't stalled me or anything, so I think it's ok. All of us have more or less adapted the standard Paleo diet to our needs and lives. But you'll see that as you go along... :)

Lobstergal
Thu, Apr-15-04, 22:22
Hi everyone

I just thought I would update. I have done pretty good for the last couple days on Neanderthin. My digestion is feeling a *lot* better....no intestinal pains at all. My cravings seem to be diminished right now. I was having severe cravings this morning and then I read the section in Neanderthin regarding cravings and hunger and it made sense so I just ate more. I feel a lot better..no muscle achiness that I usually got on Atkins. I think the relief came from the blueberries, the pear and the banana I ate. I had a nice fatty steak for breakfast this morning and my sinuses feel a lot less stuffed up today. I am guessing removing the dairy is responsible for that.

I am also soooo glad I do not have to count carbs. I hated that which was probably always why I was falling off Atkins anyway. This paleo way of eating is so much easier and doesn't take much thought. I like that.

Today I even went through my low carb recipe filebox to remove all the non-paleo recipes and while flipping through a magazine I found a couple recipes that were paleo to add to my little recipe box.

Oh and I seem to have a lot more energy today then I did a couple days ago AND (and this is a goodie!!) the edema in my feet has gone done almost by half which makes walking a little easier. I have been getting some exercise today going up and down stairs to go to the washroom with all the fresh water I am drinking.

I however do miss my occasional diet pepsi but I assume those cravings will go away too in time. Water is better for me anyway.

Lastly I have a question....I found a really good beef jerky recipe. Can I post it on the message board?

nela
Fri, Apr-16-04, 03:31
Glad to hear your health is improving so quickly! BTW, I have diet Coke all the time, so as I mentioned before, I think it's a case of tailoring the WOL to your own needs. If it stalls you or sets off cravings, then you might not be able to drink diet Pepsi, but you could try it and see how it goes...

Please post the recipe here, I'd love to see it. :)

Hellistile
Fri, Apr-16-04, 08:31
Glad to hear that not only are you feeling better physically but that you feel you have found the right plan for you. That is very important. You may be one of those people that can't do Atkins because your body can't tolerate dairy products very well. Let us know how you progress.

Lobstergal
Fri, Apr-16-04, 10:50
Glad to hear that not only are you feeling better physically but that you feel you have found the right plan for you. That is very important. You may be one of those people that can't do Atkins because your body can't tolerate dairy products very well. Let us know how you progress.

I think I *have* found the right plan for me and I like it. I have noticed even today my sinuses are a lot more clearer and breathing is easier AND my energy level is up. I felt great when I woke up this morning. I didn't feel like a truck ran me over but I felt refreshed.

I am also enjoying the food. Tonight I am having chicken and broccoli drizzled with olive oil.

arcticslug
Fri, Apr-16-04, 12:48
That's great about your sinuses and edema. It's truly amazing how healthy one can feel eating this way.

And it's true, the food is great!

LondonIan
Fri, Apr-16-04, 13:32
Wonderful. If there's one thing to learn it is there is no 'one size fits all' WOE.

Lobstergal
Sat, Apr-17-04, 03:07
Wonderful. If there's one thing to learn it is there is no 'one size fits all' WOE.

This is very true LondonIan. I think there is something out there that works for everyone. It just takes a bit of time to find it. :D

Quest
Mon, Apr-19-04, 21:45
This is very true LondonIan. I think there is something out there that works for everyone. It just takes a bit of time to find it. :D

And possibly the thing that works will stop working and you have to find something new?

Hellistile
Tue, Apr-20-04, 08:51
And possibly the thing that works will stop working and you have to find something new?

And the purpose of this post considering this is a support site is?

LondonIan
Tue, Apr-20-04, 14:07
I suspect it's tue that there can be metabolic adjustments and we need to keep fine tuning. My induction this time around, even after a longish break, was NOTHING like the first time.

Lobstergal
Wed, Apr-21-04, 06:37
And the purpose of this post considering this is a support site is?

I was sort of wondering that myself.

nela
Wed, Apr-21-04, 09:08
Yeah, me too, I had to read it twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things! :rolleyes:

Lobstergal
Wed, Apr-21-04, 09:15
I read it a couple of times myself...then I scratched my head. :D