PDA

View Full Version : 2nd time around

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MrsTexas
Mon, Apr-12-04, 22:27
Hi everyone,

My name is Betty. I live in Dallas and am at this again for the second time. I first did the Atkins WOL about 2 1/2 years ago and I did exceptionally well. I believe I lost upwards of 60 pounds and kept it off wonderfully up until my doctor put me on Zoloft for a depression that I was going through due to the suicide of my father. Well, I know this WOL works Fantastic for me and I am very excited to get back into to it and make it my only way of life, but I am a bit discouraged and am in need of anyone's support. I don't really have a great support system here at home and I really need one right now. If anyone, and I really from the bottom of my heart mean this, anyone could kinda buddy up with me to get through the first month or however long it takes, I would be soooooo grateful to you. I in turn will help you as well. I am just one of those people who need a good kick in the butt when I feel like giving up, which by the way is VERY stupid...it is how I fell back into my old way of eating.....grrrrrrrrr, I am sooo mad at myself for that. But enough with feeling sorry for myself, I know I can do this, and I know I will, but it would be so nice to have a support behind me. Thanks you all so much for even reading this, and thanks in advance for anyone who responds.

Betty
Dallas Texas
Female/34/5"0/142/goal115[/FONT][/FONT]

thekemp
Mon, Apr-12-04, 22:41
Hi Betty, my name is Tammy and I live less than 200 miles from you in Abilene, Texas. I have been LCing for three months now and have lost 40lbs (at last weigh in).
Hey girl if I can do it you can too :) !! Welcome to the board and whatever I can do to help you I would love to be there for you since we are practically neighbors :)!!! The first couple of weeks will be hardest, but after that you should feel very good and get over any cravings that you experience. My advice is stay away from LC products because they can stall you out. I eat alot of meat and good old veggies especially of the green varity. I am pretty new to this board too even through I have been doing my WOE for 3 months. The people here are so friendly and very supportive. Take care and I look forward to getting to know you. Oh yes, drink LOTS OF WATER!!! Tammy

bcbeauty
Mon, Apr-12-04, 22:44
((((((((((((Betty)))))))))) You are going to get a whole lot of support in this place. More buddies than you know what to do with! :lol: I would suggest starting up a journal so everyone has a way to keep in contact with you...and you..them. The forums here are full of really kind caring wonderful people. Welcome to the forums and good luck!

DianaO
Tue, Apr-13-04, 05:25
(((((hug))))) You can do it!!

Blondey63
Tue, Apr-13-04, 06:06
Welcome Betty, You've come to the right place! A lot of caring, supportive people here! Good LUck! You can do it!

Renkin1990
Tue, Apr-13-04, 06:11
Welcome :bhug:

You will do great! Buddy up with some one and be each others support. I wish you success in your wieght loss journey! :)

Browneyez
Tue, Apr-13-04, 06:16
Welcome Betty, glad you are here! I just signed up this past Friday and feel so very fortunate to have stumbled upon this place. The people are wonderful and I am sure they will be the key to my new found success!

I have had "real life" issues as well that I have been dealing with. Rather than deal with them I have always used food as a crutch, something I have done all my life! I have come to the realization by relying on food, I am doing more harm to my body and self esteem than it is worth! I have struggled with my weight all my life and have been on a diet on and off for the past 30 years. I have failed soooooooooooooooooooooooo many times and I have come to the conclusion I do not want to be fat and 40. Any thing is within your reach as long as you put your heart:rheart: and soul into it.

Good luck to you and know that you have come to the right place for the support of many! This is the best forum and I feel so lucky to be a part of it!

:cheer: YOU CAN DO IT!:cheer: