PDA

View Full Version : Count me in....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mitsy K
Fri, Apr-09-04, 14:37
I am embarking on a new way of eating! I'm not even going to call it a 'diet', since one usually considers a 'diet' as something that is temporary.

After gaining 12 lbs just since January, I am going to try the Insulin-Resistance Diet--since diabetes runs in the family, and I'm not keen on ending up the same way.

I am very active in my gardens :yay: and I am finding it very difficult to maintain my pace packing over 200 lbs on my frame, plus I am having problems with my joints and back muscles. Nothing, not even food will get in the way of my gardening! So, off it will go!

I am glad to find this forum so I can learn in depth what I need to do.

Howdy!

sharpy
Fri, Apr-09-04, 16:25
welcome to the forum ,,, with determation like that you will make it fine ,,keep it up and good luck to you!!

Paris
Fri, Apr-09-04, 16:40
Welcome Mitsy! It's great to have you here! :D

4beans4me
Fri, Apr-09-04, 18:40
Welcome Misty! Best of luck! :yay:

eric909
Fri, Apr-09-04, 19:34
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

Blondey63
Fri, Apr-09-04, 20:05
Welcome Mitsy! You have a great attitude! You are going to do great! Everyone here is so supportive. Jump right in! Good LUck

Blulady
Fri, Apr-09-04, 21:56
Hi Misty!

Welcome aboard! I look forward to seeing pictures of the garden when the blooming begins!

Pam

LUCKYLADY
Fri, Apr-09-04, 22:14
Welcome.....This is a great place for support!!!