PDA

View Full Version : Slippery slope warning...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

adkpam
Fri, Apr-09-04, 08:54
Just wanted to share my experience. I've had pnuemonia and still aren't back up to speed. While I was actively sick, I had no appetite.

However, now that I'm starting to feel better, my appetite is back with a vengeance, and over the past few days I've been going to lunch with relatives & friends...and not being vigilant. As well as all the "therapeutic" regular ice cream I've been eating because it's the only thing I can eat...

So I'm digging my heels in right now. Had a great low carb day yesterday and I'm already feeling mpre in control of my appetite. It's easy to loose sight of what's going on when one is so sick, but I'm back and getting better.

Kathy54
Fri, Apr-09-04, 11:47
Hey glad you are better!!

Thats the spirit, you'll be fine :)

Kathy

red1cutie
Fri, Apr-09-04, 13:55
Pam, glad you're feeling better. It's great you're reining yourself in before things slip out of control. Good luck on getting back on track.

red

adkpam
Mon, Apr-12-04, 07:11
Thanks, Red & Kathy, I'm getting better slowly.

All it really took to get me back in line was wearing regular clothes instead of pajamas...and finding out they were a bit snug.

That scared me straight!

red1cutie
Mon, Apr-12-04, 07:54
Gonna put on something tight tomorrow. :p

The thought of Summer keeps me on track too.

red

KristyC
Thu, Apr-15-04, 09:17
You are doing great, hon! Keep it up. Sometimes it IS tempting to just say, "Screw it", but you HAVE to keep on going. ;)