PDA

View Full Version : atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lstultz
Wed, Apr-07-04, 10:16
I have been on Atkins faithfully for a month now and have lost 15 of the 30 pounds that is my goal. However, after about 2 weeks I hit 140 and can't seem to get under it. I am really starting to get discouraged. What can I do??

myagenda
Wed, Apr-07-04, 10:25
Sometimes your body needs time to adjust to the weight loss, kinda like catching up. Be patient keep following Atkins and the carb ladder and it will come off. If you go a month following Atkins to the letter and still have not lost any more weight you can look in the book or do a search on this forum and read up on how to break a stall. Since you are so close to goal weight now the weight will be harder to lose. This is normal. It took a long time for you to gain the weight it won't come off overnight. You are doing good. Keep up the good work. Oh yeah almost forgot. Are you exercising?

DianaO
Wed, Apr-07-04, 13:47
Post induction stall. Hang in there. Drink water exercise and watch what your eating! :)

Renkin1990
Thu, Apr-08-04, 07:22
Hello and Welcome :bhug:

The scale might not be moving but you may be loosing inches. Measure yourself and compare each week. I had a two week stall after induction but lost inches. Make sure you are exercising and drinking all the required water. It makes a big difference.

Good Luck! :)

Dewi
Thu, Apr-08-04, 07:26
Welcome to the forum and I agree with what everyone else has said.

ttc#2
Thu, Apr-08-04, 07:45
I agree with everyone else too...
Exercise to get out of that stall..
If you are already exercising then get out the measuring tape you are probably building more muscle than in the past since you are eating more protein.

Good Luck!

eric909
Thu, Apr-08-04, 23:50
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif Hang in there, I stall all the time just stay on course dont cheat and ignore the scale.