PDA

View Full Version : New here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

devsi
Wed, Apr-07-04, 09:20
Hi! I found this board just by searching for low carb sites! My name is Devan and I am 25 (soon to be 26) years old. My husband, twin 14 month old daughters and I live in Indiana (USA).

My highest weight was 297 and I dropped to 270ish 3 years ago. Then I got pregnant with my twins and the week that I delivered them, I weighed 336! I'm not really sure what to call my starting weight so I'm saying 297. I was at that (give or take a pound or two) after my 6 week post-partum checkup.

I am following the Insulin Resistance diet, but am lowering my normal carb range to 15-20c/meal and keeping my daily allowance at 60-80 c. I have really gotten gung-ho about getting healthy this year and have lost 15.5 lbs since January. I know weigh 281.5. My long term goal is to get to 150. I also have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and am Insulin Resistant.

I have battled my weight all my life and am making a life-style change to be a better wife, mother, and person! Now, I just need to add in some regular exercise!

I'm excited to start cruisin this board! :)

Blulady
Wed, Apr-07-04, 09:26
Hi Devsi!

Welcome to the forum. There are literally tons of supportive people here - I don't know what I would do without this board.

Poke around - there's tons and tons of fabulous advice here! Start yourself a journal, its great to wake up in the morning and find that someone has 'visited' you and is cheering you on! Feel free to stop in mine anytime.

Cheers to you!!!
Pam (in PA)

rapp653
Wed, Apr-07-04, 10:46
Welcome to you! I also have PCOS and there is a forum on here just about PCOS I have learned a lot from it!

Blulady is right - start a journal it's how most of us stay in touch and support each other. I think you'll definately find this site motivating!

Good Luck!

DianaO
Wed, Apr-07-04, 13:48
Welcome to the boards!! We're glad your here. Pull up a seat and join in! :)

Blondey63
Wed, Apr-07-04, 20:59
Hi Devan! Nice to meet you. You've come to the right place. Everyone is so supportive and friendly. I have 14 month old triplets so I know you must be busy with your twins! Good Luck to you!

Renkin1990
Thu, Apr-08-04, 07:16
Welcome to the board :bhug:

You will find a wealth of information, support and friendship here. Good Luck with your goals.

devsi
Thu, Apr-08-04, 09:21
Thanks! I'm excited to get started! My twins do keep me busy but that probably doesn't count for as much exercise as I need to do! ;)

4beans4me
Thu, Apr-08-04, 11:04
Welcome and best of luck! :yay:

eric909
Thu, Apr-08-04, 23:47
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

Blondey63
Fri, Apr-09-04, 07:53
Thanks! I'm excited to get started! My twins do keep me busy but that probably doesn't count for as much exercise as I need to do! ;)

Thats what I think too... Lord...my babies weigh about23 lbs each...I lift them up and down and run around all day...I would think that would be enough...but its not, your body gets used to that same motion I guess. The weather is starting to get nice here in the NE so there will be lots of time to push babies around in the stroller. Keep up the good work, it will be so worth it. I want to be able to keep up with my children...run, crawl, play...that is what I want.

treefrog
Fri, Apr-09-04, 08:47
Welcome, and good luck to you. I am new to this forum too, but so far I think it's great.

devsi
Tue, Apr-13-04, 12:27
I want to be able to keep up with my children...run, crawl, play...that is what I want.

One of my motivating thoughts also! My girls are 21# & 19 1/2 #...they do get heavy...wonder if I should start lifting them at the same time for exercise! ;)