PDA

View Full Version : Keto Crisp Cereal

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

goingfor60
Fri, Aug-24-01, 23:02
I was taught if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything... Well I 'm not saying anything I am writing how I really did not like the Keto Crisp Cereal.

I bought the cereal and the dried milk. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) I give these items less than zero. I tend to think that I am a person who can choke down just about anything and then I came to this cereal and a previous attempt at the Adkins breakfast bars. The Adkins bars are just so wrong there's nothing right about them.

Anyway although the bowl fed my need for the look of cereal, I couldn't swallow more than a teaspoon so I added a packet of splenda and got down half of another teaspoon. But not more than that...

So take heed or enjoy breakfast;)

goingfor60
Shannon

Jeanne
Sat, Aug-25-01, 14:23
I too purchased the milk and the cereal. I also agree the Keto Crisp isn't the greatest. I did eat it however, but not without some spenda. I also agree, the Atkins breakfast bars are the worst. They leave such a bad taste in your mouth after you eat them. I would never buy them again.:o Jeanne

Natrushka
Sat, Aug-25-01, 15:01
Good to know. I am was thinking of giving it a try, I do miss my cereal from time to time in the morning. I tried the flaxmeal poridge this morning, and I really enjoy it. Have you tried that? Doreen posted the recipe a while back (I found it doing a search) and I made it just like she said. I think it will be a great alternative to eggs on those cold winter mornings (ugh, I shudder to think about them, but they are comming)

Nat

Jeanne
Sat, Aug-25-01, 15:32
No, I haven't tried the flax hot cereal, but would like to. I am guessing it is in the recipe section. I will look there. If you know that it isn't there, please let me know where I could find it.

Thanks for the input.

Jeanne

John2001
Fri, Aug-31-01, 16:14
I have tried the Keto cereal too. However, I didn't used their milk with it.
Used an Atkins shake or mixed up a Carbolite (vanilla soy mix) Shake in place
of milk.

I, sort of liked it. Reminded me of Rice Crispys type cereal. ( no sweetener )

Now I am not bragging about it at all, just saying that to me, it wasn't bad, for what it is. ( Low carb )

Just my two cents worth.

Question: Was it the milk mix or the cereal that didn't taste good?
*Was thinking of getting the Keto milk mix at one time.

Cheers, John

Sharon
Fri, Aug-31-01, 17:17
Here's the thread with Doreen's instructions for flax cereal. It's a pretty popular thread!!!

http://www.lowcarber.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16036

goingfor60
Fri, Aug-31-01, 17:37
Hey John -

It wasnt the milk that bothered me it was just the cereal. I am not a big milk lover and I dont like the taste of Silk but this Keto Milk didnt make me have any negative remarks.

So I guess that means it was a thumbs up!

jenniferpa
Fri, Aug-31-01, 18:01
Actually, I quite like the Keto cereal. I normally eat it with splenda and heavy cream diluted with water, and I went so far to go out and buy a second box yesterday, which means I must like it! The other plus for me is that with 22 grams of protein per serving it really fill me up.

JMHO

Jay

cocoa8
Fri, Aug-31-01, 19:57
I recently saw on another site somewhere, that the person would take a 1/2 cup of cereal, add sugar free syrup (any flavor), heat it in the microwave and then add a tablespoon of heavy cream to it. The cereal soaks up the color of the syrup and puffs up as if you would add "milk" to it

Her combinations were strawberry syrup
Maple syrup with some nuts thrown in
Cinnamon flavored, etc...

I personally really like the Keto Cereal--both cocoa and regular flavors. They are very filling.

Trainerdan
Thu, Sep-20-01, 11:43
I like Keto Crisp! Granted, it's not the best ... but it's nice to have options other than omlettes and the like in the morning ... it just involves thinking of eating Rice Crispies while you are eating it I guess ... kind of "food fanatsizing" I guess.

I think the Keto Milk is foul, but I still manage to get the cereal and milk down. I tried it once (the cereal) with a vanilla Carb Solutions, which wasn't bad.

Actually, I eat the Keto Crisp even when I am NOT on low-carbs. 22g of protein for cereal is no joke.