PDA

View Full Version : New Vegetarian Low-Carber!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

echino88
Fri, Apr-02-04, 10:57
Hello everyone.

I began cutting out the obvious carbs (bread, dough, pasta) upon my return from studying abroad in France. Returning to the American diet of packaged science food was very difficult, and removing those starches was easy. Now when I eat them, they feel like sponge.

That summer was particularly difficult for me. I developed a fear of gaining weight, and an unhealthy obsession with food. Frankly, an eating disorder. At one point, I only ate 800 calories a day. However, I wasn't educated on "good carbs/bad carbs," the nature of blood sugar, and a healthy minimum daily calorie intake.

When I returned to college, I lived with a health-major roomate, and took up an interest in the science of nutrition, and furthered my French-inspired passion for cooking! Just this past holiday season, I read The South Beach Diet, and began following the most successful thearapy to my eating disorder.

Following this healthy regime has not only stabalized my blood sugar and educated me on my sensitivity to certain foods, but has also provided me with a rubric that makes sense. No longer to I concern or guilt over every morcel of what I eat... I understand the basic concepts, and have a blast!

I particularly care for the low-carb subculture. I am very proud of everyone who takes the time to care for themselves, and learn about the benefits of turning to vegetables rather than boxed crap. I look forward to learning from all of you. Keep it up!

bcbeauty
Fri, Apr-02-04, 11:14
Hi and welcome to the forum:wave:

DianaO
Fri, Apr-02-04, 14:00
welcome to the boards!! We are glad to have you here

4beans4me
Fri, Apr-02-04, 17:10
Hello and welcome to the forums! Best of luck! :yay:

etoiles
Sat, Apr-03-04, 08:24
Hi there! :)

As a fellow vegetarian welcome to the forum!! Make sure to come visit the vegetarian section when you are here!

best wishes!