PDA

View Full Version : Lookout for the "LOSER!"

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

146pounds
Wed, Mar-31-04, 22:29
Hey guys! My name's Lori and I started Lo-Carbing last month in February. I was really good at the start of it all but then I went on vacation and my diet went to hell. I just recently got back on, but I didn't gain all the weight back from the first time I tried the diet. So I'm resuming the diet at 135 pounds. As of today I am currently 130 pounds. The most discouraging thing about this diet is that I feel so isolated being the only one out of the people that I know that is following this. So skepticism and put-downs are regular. I look forward to meeting everybody in here. I'm so glad that I can at least converse with others that are on the same page as me. I really like how my new way of eating is making me feel. Just today I was noticing that my mood at work (which is a boring office job) was so elevated that someone said my happiness was "infectious." I live in Peterborough, Ontario with my boyfriend Leelan. I call Lee my "Regulator" because I asked him to and he actually does it. My main goal is to look slammin' at two weddings that I'm in June and in October. I'll be seeing friends that I haven't seen in over 6 years. Also, being able to fit my legs in a pair of knee boots a.k.a "get me boots" will be a bonus. At 5'2 you can imagine that I'm this short stumpy girl. But come this summer I'ma gonna be hot, hot, hot!!!!!!!

bcbeauty
Thu, Apr-01-04, 00:44
Good luck Lori and welcome to the forum

lizwhip
Thu, Apr-01-04, 01:59
Hi! You sound all excited, and you should be, because this diet (oops sorry woe) really is great.

And since you're a short, stumpy girl you'll fit right in! I personally am tall and stumpy. There are a number of stumpy guys here, too, short, medium, tall, you name it.

OK now I am going to have the word stumpy stuck in my head.

Anyway, welcome Lori!

Liz

tammy565
Thu, Apr-01-04, 03:53
Hi Lori,

Welcome to the forums. I've been a start and stop atkins girl for about 6 months and now finally 100% dedicated to it and doing my first week of induction again (4th time) this week.

Have you checked out the petite ladies thread in buddies? They are are all really friendly and helpful there.

Good luck adn I'm sure you'll be knocking them dead at the weddings :D

DianaO
Thu, Apr-01-04, 05:06
Welcome aboard. Sometimes it is hard tobe the only one doing it. I have went to B-day Parties and had to explain I am on Atkins, No sugars, bread or pastas please. Thy look at you funny because a lot of people still do not believe in this WOL.
Hang in there

eric909
Fri, Apr-02-04, 02:19
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif