PDA

View Full Version : Introduction.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MKist
Tue, Mar-30-04, 23:57
This is too much like public speaking to be comfortable, but I suppose I ought to bite the bullet and get it over with.

I did Atkins for the first time a few years ago. I was doing well and lost 35 lbs in the first couple months. Then I got cocky, I guess, and let myself be ambushed by a pack of french fries. Yes, potatoes are my weakness! Unfortunately, I did not pick myself up and go back on induction. I went on a binge that lasted until January 2004. Needless to say, my weight went up while my self-esteem fell.

It has not been easy sticking to it this time around. I haven't managed to go more than a few weeks without falling down. The only difference is that I somehow manage to climb back up. Go me!

Last time, I would walk a few times a week and that was it. Now I am trying to ride my bike (stationary) for 30 minutes every day. When I first started, I couldn't do more than 10 minutes at a time...I'm proud that I have gotten better.

I have to say that I am very happy about how much easier it is to find low carb items in a grocery store or fast food place. That wasn't the case the first time around.

Anyway, that's all you're getting. See you around. :)

JoeMama
Wed, Mar-31-04, 00:04
MKist,

I aplaude you in getting up the courage to post. And for the fact that you keep getting back on the plan when you stumble.... not giving up is the reason why you'll make it to your goal, even if you stumble along the way.

BTW, I too am happy that it's been much easier to find low carb choices out there, but you still gotta be carefull, sometimes it says 'Low Carb' but it really isn't. Sometimes it vaguely reduced carb or full of stuff that'll stall you.

Anyway, good luck!!

- Rem

DianaO
Wed, Mar-31-04, 05:13
Welcome aboard!!! Yes Cheating is what Dr. A refers to as the Kiss of Death. It can be so hard to get back on, and I am glad to see you doing it! :)

4beans4me
Wed, Mar-31-04, 07:50
Hello and welcome to the forums! Best of luck to you! :yay:

bcbeauty
Wed, Mar-31-04, 11:01
Hi Mkist... A warm welcome to you. There is so much encouragement and kindness on this site...you will have a hard time not sticking with it.:) You should start up a journal so we can all communicate with you better...to give or to receive advice... or just to chat. Again welcome.

MKist
Wed, Mar-31-04, 11:34
Thank you all for the welcome and encouragement!

bcbeauty: I lived right outside of Kelowna (Westbank) for about nine months. I have to say, it's the most beautiful place I've ever been in my life. How lucky that you get to live there forever! :)

eric909
Fri, Apr-02-04, 02:24
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

missy7938
Fri, Apr-02-04, 13:22
Hello and welcome! You will find excellent support here. Some days I get discouraged, but a few success stories later and I find the will to keep going on. So happy low carbing to you! Missy

notsosweet
Fri, Apr-02-04, 13:42
HI! I have decided if getting on here and opening up is what I have to do to get thru this, then it's a small price to pay. Lord knows, I did not do too well on my own. I enjoy reading others 'stuff ' and am starting to enjoy writing in my own journal even! And there is alot of wisdom around this place. Take what you need and leave the rest. Your story sounds alot like mine. Hang in there. WE can do it! :yay:

Renkin1990
Fri, Apr-02-04, 14:40
Your profile is very similar to my own. Our height, weight, goals, age and location! I have found hours of information, support and inspiration on this site. I wish the same for you. Everyone here is sooooo nice!

Good Luck and stay strong!