PDA

View Full Version : 16 yo, just lost 130 pounds

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jprince
Sun, Mar-28-04, 22:37
Hello everyone,
My name is Adam, and I've lost 130 pounds on Atkins. I'm 160 now, but I'd like to be 140. I'm 5'6". I'm done with puberty as I had a few hormonal problems which likely contributed to my weight gain-hypothyroidism, hyperestrogenemia, pre-diabetes, etc. I also have lupus and fibromyalgia. The lupus went into remission because I discovered nutritional therapy. After reading Dr. Atkins' Vita-Nutrient solution, I found myself a complementary physician and got well. I owe my life to this wonderful man and still mourne his passing away. I gained a lot of the weight from my illness, but I think most of it was from overeating and lack of exercise. I've been on diets all my life and I feel emotionally scarred by it all. I joined and rejoined weight watchers eight different times. Atkins was just another diet I was going to try and fail. I never really expected anything from it, I just thought it was another diet to make my parents happy. Ironically, they didn't help me. I lost all of this weight purely on my own. But I lost ten pounds the first week. By the time I lost 20, I realized I probably will actually lose the weight. Thank god I decided to take pictures. So I started August 2002, and haven't stopped yet. But its been really hard at times. I had horrible IBS, and it was hard for me to discover why, after that was cured by the diet, I stopped losing weight. I've had problems for about 100 pounds. I was always too sick to go to school, and while I could attend high school next year and be a senior, I've decided to just get out early and go to junior college. I want more than anything to be a doctor, specifically an endocrinologist. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Marge
Sun, Mar-28-04, 22:48
Wow, you've learned more at the age of 16 then most of have learned well into our audult years. I'm very glad that you found the WOL that works for you. It took 'til I was in my fouties for me to figure out that the weight watchers et al WOE wasn;t for me.

You are an inspiration for me. thanks for sharing .

lizwhip
Sun, Mar-28-04, 22:58
How wonderful that through all of your pain and heartache and hard work you have decided to be an endocrinologist! How many kids your age have any clue about what they want to do with their lives? Perfect example of "following your passion". I am 47 and still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up...

Liz

Keisha
Sun, Mar-28-04, 23:59
That is amazing! Good for you, that is really incredible, to have achieved that by yourself.... how does it feel ? Congratulations, stick with it, we'd love to hear how you get on.

bcbeauty
Mon, Mar-29-04, 01:10
Hi Adam.
Welcome to the forums. I think we'd all love to talk to you more and here this great success story in more detail. You should be very proud of yourself. Start up a journal so we can communicate and share with you.
Thanks Adam. You are an inspiration.

Dumbletore
Mon, Mar-29-04, 07:14
Your a inspiration to others, and I assume your quality of life can only improve now that your not carrying all that weight. Well done

DianaO
Mon, Mar-29-04, 09:50
Awesomness!!!!!!

Sephy
Mon, Mar-29-04, 23:27
Great story. I thought I'd add this: you should go to HS, and go to a 4 year school for best chances at medical school. Pretty important.

locarbme
Tue, Mar-30-04, 08:58
It really sounds like you have made the life changes ,and look at what you have accomplished. I too have fibromyalgia and IBS which do make it very hard to lose the weight not to mention the medication that sometimes hinders weight lose. ( ?) Are you taking meds., or have you been able to stop because of this wol? - by the way did I mention I have a 16 year old daughter? :lol: Anyway--Great Job!! :thup: and best of luck with becoming a Dr. ("You can accomplish anything in life -Believe in yourself and what you can do") Your an Inspiration :agree: