PDA

View Full Version : Bruising very easy why?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

petcrazed
Sun, Mar-28-04, 17:29
I have started to Bruise very easy and i have no idea why.
Today i was washing my car and bumped my knee on the step stool and now it is a Bruise about an inch round and dark purple?
then i got out of the shower and counted 7 other Bruises that i have no idea how i got!

help please!!!

CarolynC
Sun, Mar-28-04, 17:36
As the layer of fat under the skin decreases, people bruise more easily (due to less cushioning of the blood vessels). So, maybe the increased bruising relates to your loosing weight.

LadyBelle
Sun, Mar-28-04, 17:40
I normally bruise easily. When I started LC though I looked like a prize fighter or abuse case. Someone sugegsted adding vitamin C and E to my suppliments. I found the E really helps me with the bruising.

Rosebud
Sun, Mar-28-04, 17:51
Hi Petcrazed,

You'll find lots of info on bruising in this old thread: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40004&highlight=bruising

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Idabelle
Sun, Mar-28-04, 18:58
Just a note. My Mom's platelets fell extremely low after taking daily aspirin and vioxx over a period of time. She had bruising. Finally she went in to the Doctor after a year of ignoring the syptoms.