PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

marankath
Sun, Mar-28-04, 16:55
Hello everyone, after reading your posts for several days, I found them interesting and helpful. So I decided to take the plunge and join you. Started LC at the begining of this month and am amazed it works so well. I hope it keeps working (although this week, there was no change in the scale). I just had one question, do you have to meet the 20 carbs for induction (on Atkins), is it ok to be below that number? Should I just keep adding salad/veggies until I meet the number? Or does it matter if the carb number jumps around (never going above the 20) from day to day?

Sorry, I guess that wasn't just one question!

Kristine
Sun, Mar-28-04, 17:17
Hi! :wave: I'm not far from you down the QE in St Catharines!

It's okay to go below 20 g, as long as you're eating your vegetables. :thup: Part of that 20 g is to include cream, cheese, salad dressings, and other foods that have small amounts of carbohydrate. You can certainly add more veggies if you'd like.

Good luck!

snburch
Sun, Mar-28-04, 18:11
Welcome! Best of luck on your journey. Stick with it and keep posting.

I often go under on my carbs. I don't think there is a problem with that if you are following Atkins. However, I would try to get the recommended veggies in.

4beans4me
Sun, Mar-28-04, 19:48
Hello and welcome to the forums! Best of luck to you! :yay:

DebRN
Mon, Mar-29-04, 10:50
Hell, :wave:

Welcome to the Forum!! I know you are already finding out for yourself lots of information and tons of support that this forum has to offer!!

I would recommend starting a journal and then others can communicate back and forth with you easier. It's really a great way to meet others, keep in touch with each other and keep track of where you are on your LC journey. It is just a place where you can be accoutable, yet free to state your thoughts and goals where others can provide insight, support, and feedback. Best of all you make new friends, which are low carbing too!! There is a STICKY under Introduce Yourself, which you will find helpful in starting your journal.

Best of Luck and hope you come visit me in my journal!!

DianaO
Mon, Mar-29-04, 10:53
Hi and Welcome!!

marankath
Mon, Mar-29-04, 21:09
Hey does anybody know some good exercises a person with arthritis (limited knee mobility) can do for some cardio? Anything else that might help strengthen muscles & loose weight? I'm already slowly working on the stationary bike (which I find difficult) & the Gazelle, I also do some (just a few) situps with the Abs Only device. Any suggestions would be welcome!

DianaO
Tue, Mar-30-04, 05:18
I use an elliptical, its real easy on the knees. Maybe look into those try them out at the store

vicki w
Tue, Mar-30-04, 10:28
Hello - Welcome to the wonderful world of forums!!! Good luck with this new WOL and enjoy!! The motivation on these boards is all you need to succeed!!

Vic
http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

eric909
Fri, Apr-02-04, 02:31
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif