PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CLopez
Fri, Aug-24-01, 01:59
Hi everyone

I'm new here. I was refered to this website by one of your existing members. The first time I actually visited this website was yesterday and may I say, I think this is a great website. It has so much information on low carb eating. I think it's fantastic.

I'm from Malaysia. I'm 31 years old and have had a weight problem since I was 19. My current weight is 170lbs and my goal is to lose about 55 - 60 lbs. I only found out about the Atkins diet a few months ago (it's still not very well known here - people are still into low fat diets). Over the past 12 years, I've tried all kinds of diets and usually manage to lose some weight but after a while, it's just too difficult to stay on the diet and I gain whatever I've lost. It's all very frustrating and I almost gave up on losing weight altogether.

Anyway I'm glad to be a member of ths forum.

:D

tamarian
Fri, Aug-24-01, 08:05
Hi Clopez,

Welcome to our forum, glad you found us.

Now who's you mysterious friend who told you about us, umm, first letter starts with Anne?? :) Now we have 2 members from Malaysia!

Wa'il

debbiedobson
Sun, Aug-26-01, 10:24
hi clopez and welcome! i knew who your friend was right away too! it's great when you've got a friend close by who's lowcarbing as well! have you read dr.atkins' book? it's definitely a must if you want to start lowcarbing! good luck on your lowcarb journey!:D

CLopez
Tue, Aug-28-01, 03:33
Hi

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I've read Dr Atkins' book - I'm actually in the process of reading it and have found it so interesting. It's me 'bible'.

My aunt came over from Perth during the weekend and she was complaining because she was feeling very tired and lethargic. I started speaking to her about low carb eating and she's very keen to know more about it. I'm going to see her this evening and I'm going to let her have a look at Dr Atkins' book.

Bye:)