PDA

View Full Version : Mocha Morning Shake

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

armywife3
Sat, Mar-27-04, 10:34
Hi everyone! I know most of these recipes are old news but I just wanted to share what has made getting up in the morning no longer nauseating. I have eaten so many fried eggs and bacon and sausage that the thought of them makes me totally nauseated. I actually stalled out b/c I couldn't choke them down anymore. Now I have switched to the following morning routine and I feel alive again!!!! Not only that I'm losing weight again.

Mocha Morning Shake
Ingredients:
1 cup cold water
2 scoops Atkins Chocolate Shake mix
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tblsp Folgers Crystals Instant coffee
4 to 5 ice cubes
I also add some heavy cream

How To Prepare: Pour cold water in blender and turn on. Add two scoops of Atkins Protein Shake mix, followed by the vanilla, the ice cubes, and Folgers crystals allowing a few seconds between each addition for proper mixing. Enjoy.
Number of Servings: one Carbs per serving (including complete nutritional information if known): see Shake mix pkg.

This is a fun way to get my coffee in the morning!

AnnieFelac
Mon, May-03-04, 02:03
Rats! I don't have instant around anymore. We grind the beans fresh. Maybe I could freeze my coffee into ice cubes and that would work. I don't have the atkins shake mix either. Is that just chhoc flavorinng with protein powder, dried milk and sweetner? Maybe I could use my protein powder, soymilk and choc davinci's syrup. Gosh- I wanna try it and it's only 1:00am here. hehe Annie

StacieC
Mon, May-03-04, 02:21
sounds yummy :) I'm already getting tired of all that greasy stuff for breakfast too - never was much of a breakfast eater to start with ! :) Gonna have to track down some of this atkins shake mix! Thanks for posting - can't wait to try it!

Stacie