PDA

View Full Version : Rookie - "I'm lovin' it!"

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kari-Ann
Fri, Mar-26-04, 13:29
:wiggle: Hello everyone! (Or at least to those that are reading this!):rolleyes:

My name is Kari-Ann and I have just discovered this great site! I am really looking forward to exploring it all and spending a few good hours here & there surfing this site.:yay:

:read: Here is a little info about me...

I am a grade 4 teacher at an independent/private school in Ontario. I have been low-carbing it for 6 months now, along with my very supportive husband Ryan.:rheart: I chose to switch to a low-carb lifestyle for 2 reasons: a) :thdown: because 2 years ago I had to have back surgery to correct 2 herniated disks in my back. Since then I have had trouble keeping my weight down as my surgeon suggested.:confused: and b) because my grandmother passed away as a result of being a brittle diabetic, :cry:and my growing concern about my own insulin levels. This is my 2nd attempt at LC living. My 1st attempt was 6 years ago, as a pre-wedding diet. My husband Ryan was very successful - he lost approx. 40 lbs and stayed on for months. :clap: I, on the other hand lasted only 4 days! :eek: (In my defense, that was before the Atkins product line!!!) I am a confessed chocolate and ice-cream addict!:devil: I cannot wait for our GNC store to get the Atkins ice-cream in stock!:yum: Ryan's & my weigh-loss success to date has inspired other members of my family to start low-carbing! I have 5 cats (all named after Top Gun characters!!!) I have discovered Pilates & Yoga - lovin' that too!:agree: I love taking pictures, folk art painting, playing golf, and watching hockey (especially when my hubby is in net!!):blush: Well, that's it for "All about me". I am really looking forward to trying all of the recipes that I have already found on Day 1. Now, if I could only drag myself away from the computer...:daze:

Looking forward to LC chatting!

:cheer:
KA

ttc#2
Fri, Mar-26-04, 13:35
Welcome Kari-Ann,

I too love eating Low Carb!

I also let my DH get a head start on me, he started Atkins at the doctors suggestion in October. He has lost 35lbs and now wears size 31 jeans (down from a 36)! He is off avandia for diabetes and lipitor for cholesterol.

I am kicking myself for not starting sooner. I started in December, took a 6 week hiatus in February (that's another story), and am now back at it. I have lost nearly 20 lbs, but since all of my size 12 were getting tight and now fit again, some quite loosely I guess I can't really claim any size loss.

Anyway, this isn't suppossed to be about me..
I hope you find all the recipes and support you are looking for.

DianaO
Fri, Mar-26-04, 14:02
Welcome aboard!!!! Becareful of all the LC products out there. It can stall and make some gain.

Keep up the great work

snburch
Fri, Mar-26-04, 15:43
Welcome!
I'm LCing with my husband too. It is so much easier when your partner follows the same WOE. I have to keep him in check more often though. He doesn't quite understand that LC beer doesn't mean you get to drink as much as you want and that peanuts are not all you can eat.

Take care and keep posting!

MISSRED197
Fri, Mar-26-04, 15:45
I am a confessed chocolate and ice-cream addict!:devil: I cannot wait for our GNC store to get the Atkins ice-cream in stock!:yum:
:Party: WELCOME KARI-ANN!!! :Party:

You are in the perfect spot for support and motivation, your weight loss
is spectacular!!!!

I also am a ice-cream addict (more so than chocolate). I like the Atkins ice cream, but Breyers Carb Options and Kemps Carb Promises is soooo much better. I think
they have the same amount of carbs, but more flavors and they don't have that
"diet" taste. They both use splenda. But as posted:

Posted by DianaO
Becareful of all the LC products out there. It can stall and make some gain
Do be careful. Everyone IS different, so you gotta see how your body responds.
Enjoy hon!! You and hubby (DH) can do it!!!

PKV
Fri, Mar-26-04, 19:15
Welcome and good luck :sunny: