PDA

View Full Version : Attitude adjustment

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

scarpetta
Fri, Mar-26-04, 13:02
Yesterday (Day 15 of Induction) I was feeling very peckish and wanted a Crunch Bar in the worst way. Instead of buckling--and knowing I would regret it immediately--(I was even contemplating eating the candy and then putting my finger down my throat!)--I instead decided to put away my cold weather clothes and bring out the warm weather wardrobe that I haven't worn in 4 years.

Not only did this activity take my mind off of food, it made me wistful for the pretty clothes I once fit in to. This was the best thing I could have done because I was forcing myself to remember when I was thin enough to wear these clothes, and remember how I felt "back then": slim, attractive, sexy, loving life. Hmmm. I wasn't hungry for that candy bar anymore.

And by putting away my bulky sweaters, I am forcing myself to stay with the program so I can fit into my pretty clothes sooner, and recapture those feelings I had 4 years ago.

Imagine it for yourselves and Think Spring!

(After 2 weeks on induction I lost 7 pounds and 8 inches, and day 14 was the first day of TOM. I expect the whoosh fairy to visit me in week 3.)

3/11/04 175 lbs. beginning weight
3/18/04 170 lbs. EO Week 1 induction
3/25/04 168 lbs. EO Week 2 induction
04/1/04 164 lbs. goal
04/8/04 161 lbs. goal
4/15/04 158 lbs. goal
4/22/04 155 lbs. goal

teresamay
Fri, Mar-26-04, 13:04
You are inspiring! That is a wonderful idea!!!

NOGAINHERE
Fri, Mar-26-04, 13:11
great idea, except I like to go buy them ! :o

patricia52
Fri, Mar-26-04, 13:32
This is inspirational. I'm going through my closet this weekend, you have inspired me to toss out anything that does not make me feel slim and attractive.

DianaO
Fri, Mar-26-04, 14:38
Keep it up!! Sometimes I have to leave the house, because of wanting to munch