PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cordelia
Tue, Mar-23-04, 17:00
Hello everybody,

I thought I'd introduce myself and come out of lurkers status. I was previously on weight watchers and lost 50 lbs, but when I moved in with my bf who is a low carber I gained that 50 lbs back plus another 10lbs. Low carb/ high carb/ low fat/high fat living in the same house is an impossible nightmere so we've decided to work together to get to our goals. I've been on Atkins for about 3 days now and so far I'm enjoying it.

I love a life style that allows you to eat as much as you need to. I always ran out of "points" at dinner time on ww, and I always felt like I was starving. On Atkins I feel more comfortable.

Does anybody have any tips for getting water in? That's where I seem to be having problems.

Thanks,

Cordelia

4beans4me
Tue, Mar-23-04, 18:45
Hello and welcome to the forums Cordelia! I have a 32 ounce container that I fill up twice a day to help monitor my water intake. Plus, I have found that I do much better drinking room temp water, as opposed to ice water. :)

Best of luck to you!

snburch
Tue, Mar-23-04, 20:08
Welcome aboard! I'm a former WW member. Never could stick with it and found it much more difficult to follow.
I managed to get my water intake up by not drinking anything else but water while at home. I don't keep anything else in the house, but water. When I go out I'll have a diet coke with my meal, but I don't eat out much. If I have diet sodas or other diet drinks in the house that is all I will drink...so I just have to keep them out of sight.
I don't really keep track of how much I drink. I just make sure I have a glass of water with me at all times. I always carry a bottle with me whenever I go out anywhere. I manage to drink alot just while I'm driving.

Good luck on your journey!

Akasha
Wed, Mar-24-04, 10:10
Hiya there and welcome! I agree with the room temp. water. It's easier to get down than ice water for me too!

Try to get in at least your 8 8 oz glasses a day. I usually buy bottled water to track how much I take in daily.

lizwhip
Wed, Mar-24-04, 10:24
Using a straw helps me get more water in, for some reason.

Liz

houlegan
Wed, Mar-24-04, 11:18
Hi and welcome to the forum...

water water water...hmmm

I just try to always have a glass/bottle with me and reach for it whenever I get dry. I sometimes will add a few drops of lemon juice to it just for something a little different.

Maybe some of the people who have been here longer can answer "Is herbal tea considered part of your water" if it is decaf and no carbs?

If so, that may be helpful.

Good Luck...n keep on LC'n it!
Houlegan

Fridaylove
Wed, Mar-24-04, 12:11
I buy 1.5 litre bottles of water, I take it with me to work in the morning...after lunch I usually fill it back up at the water cooler.
If water is all that you drink, it's easy to get in your amounts :-)

Raleigh
Wed, Mar-24-04, 14:08
hello and welcome :) I have no water tips as I'm struggling with that myself, but it gets a little easier every day

eric909
Wed, Mar-24-04, 16:11
welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif