PDA

View Full Version : New Girl in TOWN!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SkinnyBeth
Tue, Mar-23-04, 13:51
What's going on? I've run across this board a few times...though I've been a bit intimidated by how LARGE and ACTIVE it is!! :dazzle:

I'm excited about becoming a member here...I currently spend much of my day posting on AtkinsBytheBook.com...but I want even MORE online Atkins buddies!!!

About 4 years ago, I got to my heaviest weight of 254.5 pounds, and read the greatest book ever---the Atkins book! I dropped around 40 pounds, and decided to just deal w/ being pleasantly overweight for a few more years.....

Well, last year, I decided I was sick of not being HOT! I wanted to look as good as I felt, and I wanted to wear all the cute clothes that I love!!! So, I finally got my stuff together and started losing again! I was over 200 lbs for too long, and by Thanksgiving I was 185...

Then I had a holiday binge!! :nono: I got back up to 205....blah!

So, here I am in 2004. I've been seriously losing weight, and now I'm at 171! That's the lowest I've been in over 10 years! I have 30 more pounds to lose before I'm at goal. I can't WAIT!!!!!

I really look forward to helping others here, and getting advice from all you brilliant low-carbers! Talk to you all soon!!! :sunny:

Akasha
Tue, Mar-23-04, 13:53
Hiya Beth! Welcome to the forum. This site is super helpful, so I'm sure you'll love it here. Congrats on the weight loss so far and I hope you reach your goal down the road. :)

4beans4me
Tue, Mar-23-04, 14:14
Hello and welcome to the forums Beth! Best of luck to you! :yay:

CindyG
Tue, Mar-23-04, 14:40
:Party: :Party: WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :Party: :Party:

Hi Beth,

You are doing such a great job!! Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss! Keep up the great work and you'll be at your goal before you know it!

Cheers!

bcbeauty
Tue, Mar-23-04, 16:28
Hi Beth. A warm welcome to you. And a very big congrats on your weight loss.:clap:
Way to go girl. See you around the forums. :)

3xmommy
Tue, Mar-23-04, 17:26
Hey Beth..Welcome..
How exciting for you..I too am amazed at my wieght loss.I used to give up on diet before I even started them because I thought I would have to give up so much to even enjoy life..I really love eating eggs and sausage..I do miss the biscuit only because it's convenient to eat it all together, but I'm adjusting..
So I'm excited for you and wish you all the luck in the world..

Michelle

Fridaylove
Wed, Mar-24-04, 12:18
Hey Beth, when I found this forum (I post at another as well), I was a bit intimidated as well. I have been on for less than a week and I really like how active it is and how many different people, posts and ideas there are!!!

Congrats on all the weight you have lost, I am a bit in your boat, although I never made 200lbs, almost and said "Holy Shizzles, I need to stop eating so bad"...and here I am...I've lost 28 or so pounds since January...can't say for sure because I didn't get a scale untill 3 or 4 weeks into the diet!

Good Luck!

Raleigh
Wed, Mar-24-04, 14:05
welcome :) you're doing great on your weight loss. I wish you continued success on your journey

eric909
Wed, Mar-24-04, 16:13
welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif