PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

crandell04
Tue, Mar-23-04, 13:36
I am giving the Atkins diet a try again. I tried it about three years ago, but stopped because my cravings (and headaches) were getting the best of me. Now I think that there is much more available (especially chocolate-wise :) ).

Of course, my husband thinks I'm a little crazy, but I told him that he needs to support me or I will never loose this weight. I gained this weight 7 years ago (Wow, has it been 7 years already!) when I gave birth to my first daughter, then I immediately got pregnant with my second daughter. I stayed at home for the first 3 years with them and ran a daycare business, so the snacking and munching was freely acceptable.

Now that my girls are older and I am back in the corporate world, I am just sick of carrying around this weight! I want to get back to the size I was before I got pregnant - wouldn't that be nice!! I have a lot of support at work, there are a lot of people there on the diet as well!

My only problem that I am finding is dinner for the family. I am tending to try to cook for myself, and I still have to cook for my family a "regular" dinner. I, like many Moms, have extremely picky kids that live on the staples of pizza, chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, etc., so it is really hard not to end up fixing three separate meals - One for me, One for my husband, and One for the kids. Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

I love this website and all the support that I have found here. I will definitely be able to stick to the diet since I have found LCers!!! :yay:

Akasha
Tue, Mar-23-04, 13:42
Hiya there and welcome. There is tons of support here and I'm sure you'll love it! Good luck :)

IdahoSpud
Tue, Mar-23-04, 13:42
Welcome to the forum. You'll find that pretty much everyone is very supportive, and full of excellent information.

I also want to wish you luck with your new journey!

BTW: Here is a great LC chocolate recipe that doesn't contain any sugar alcohols. You make it yourself in big batches, and it is the best! Stay away from those expensive LC candies! :nono:

In this recipe, skip the peanut butter, you can't taste it over the chocolate and it usually contains added sugar.

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/recipes/recipe-dessertmisc02.html

Enjoy!

4beans4me
Tue, Mar-23-04, 14:12
Hello and welcome to the forums! Best of luck to you! :yay:

Raleigh
Wed, Mar-24-04, 14:25
hi and welcome :wave:

eric909
Wed, Mar-24-04, 16:08
welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

crandell04
Mon, Mar-29-04, 11:19
I just wanted to give a quick thanks to everyone. Everyone is so supportive. I know that I am going to reach my goal this way. You guys are the best!!!!

:Party:

bcbeauty
Mon, Mar-29-04, 11:53
A warm welcome to you. Good luck and enjoy.

vicki w
Tue, Mar-30-04, 10:27
Hello - Welcome to the wonderful world of forums!!! Good luck with this new WOL and enjoy!! The motivation on these boards is all you need to succeed!!

Vic
http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif