PDA

View Full Version : Induction Desert?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jambo
Tue, Mar-23-04, 11:35
I know this may have been asked previously but does anyone have desert ideas that are suitable for induction and don't make you stall? Just something to make perhaps once a week. Thanks

4beans4me
Tue, Mar-23-04, 11:36
My favorite induction friendly *sweet treat* is a diet rootbeer with a splash or two of heavy cream. :yum:

Pookiecat
Tue, Mar-23-04, 11:40
We mix 1 cup of hot water with a packet of diet jello. Stir until dissolved then mix in an 8 ounce packet of cream cheese (mix with a mixer but we careful, it sprays.) Refrigerate for three hours. It makes 8 servings and tastes almost like cheese cake.

eddiesgirl
Tue, Mar-23-04, 11:41
4beans4me...what kind of diet Root Beer do you buy? I was having a craving for some Root Beer the other day, but I can't find any that are suitable for LC.

Raleigh
Tue, Mar-23-04, 11:44
sf jello w/ whipped cream

jambo
Tue, Mar-23-04, 11:45
We don't eat anything with nutrasweet in it, otherwise I could make a lot of stuff with jell-o, but alas they do not want to change their product.

RCFletcher
Tue, Mar-23-04, 11:47
I had/have stewed rhubarb with sweetener and cream.

Raleigh
Tue, Mar-23-04, 11:53
use unflavored jello, a packet of unsweetened koolaid and splenda to make your own jello

4beans4me
Tue, Mar-23-04, 12:02
Waist Watchers makes a diet rootbeer made with Splenda, I sometimes sub A&w (with aspartame) if I can't get the Waist Watchers.

LadyBelle
Tue, Mar-23-04, 12:48
Diet hansens makes a wonderful ginger ale sweetened with splenda. They might have a good root beer too.

bekkers
Tue, Mar-23-04, 12:55
Boylan makes very good cream soda, and the root beer is pretty good too. I am not crazy about the hanson's, I think the flavors are too strong, the g-ale too me tastes like real ginger ale!
I made a cheese cake with a nut crust that was very good, but you could make it induction friendly if you just skipped the crust! The recipe is from Karen's gourmet lowcarb site. good luck!

MisterE
Tue, Mar-23-04, 13:02
IBC Diet Rootbeer. Betcha love it.

Birddog
Tue, Mar-23-04, 13:03
I really like the mock danish for a treat. :yum:

Lindym
Tue, Mar-23-04, 13:33
The following is actually found under "breakfast ideas" br it would make an excellant dessert crepe with filling:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=33839

I used SF syrup instead of the equal packets: vanilla in the egg mixture & raspberry in the cheese. This is so tasty and easy to do. I've had it the last 4 mornings.

Paris
Tue, Mar-23-04, 13:38
Italian sodas! 10 oz club soda mixed with 2 tbsp Da Vinci sugar-free syrup of choice with 2 tbsp heavy cream. Mix together and drink.

Birddog
Tue, Mar-23-04, 14:06
The following is actually found under "breakfast ideas" br it would make an excellant dessert crepe with filling:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=33839

I used SF syrup instead of the equal packets: vanilla in the egg mixture & raspberry in the cheese. This is so tasty and easy to do. I've had it the last 4 mornings.

Thanks, I'm going to give this a try in the morning. :yum: